Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Canon blows Nikon - out of the water:

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Re: Canon blows Nikon - out of the water:

Quote Originally Posted by JR1 View Post
    But the lines are getting far too blurred now. Once you had, (an exageration) a beginners range, am/pro and then pro, now for just a few pounds more you can go up and up and up the range !!!!!!!!!!
    Jeremy,

I ask myself if it is worth “upgrading” before I have reached the point where I can make optimal use of a camera.
    Do I have the potential to squeeze every single drop of blood from the camera I am using?

Real Name
    Jeremy Rundle

Quote Originally Posted by AB26 View Post
    Jeremy,

I ask myself if it is worth “upgrading” before I have reached the point where I can make optimal use of a camera.
    Do I have the potential to squeeze every single drop of blood from the camera I am using?
    But that is a case and has been the case ever since the wheel was invented and to be honest (not having a go) if we all every one of us did that we would never upgrade or buy new technology.

I have a PERFECT working 32" JVC flat screen OLDER tv, not the latest flat screen, it is as new, but takes up massive space and weighs a tonne. I have just gone out and bought a new 50" with sound bar etc, not because there is anything wrong with the old one but it was 12 years old and new technology offers benefits.

Do I need the liquid cooled top of the range PC I have, no, but it makes life easier.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by AB26 View Post
    Might be a proposition to those shooting Nikon D4 and D810 cameras having problems to lock focus on fast moving subjects like wildlife and BIF.
    Only if you don't know how to use them. I've never had a problem; but then I know enough that matrix focus mode for wildlife photography is not a good choice; but spot focus is.
    Last edited by Manfred M; 18th December 2014 at 07:54 PM.

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-EO...vs-Nikon-D7100
    http://cameradecision.com/compare/Ca...vs-Nikon-D7100
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/cam...64977/review/4
    http://eosmark.bestbuyondigitalcamer...k-ii-vs-d7100/
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/cano...-latest-widget

The comparisons are not clear cut and it will depend on what sort of photography you do as to whether Canon or Nikon blows the other out of the water. If it is based on price the D7100 definitely blasts the 7D mark ii out of the water.

The only thing we can be sure of is each new camera brings about improvements in one aspect or another and the competing camera manufactures respond. Ultimately good news regardless of what camera system we currently use.

I realize that the camera body is an important element in the image quality, however for me I chose Canon not specifically for a body, but because I chose to use Canon Lenses. When I was doing travel photography back in the 1980's I carried both the Canon A-1 and Nikon F-3 bodies (each for their specific strengths), using Tamron SP Adaptall lenses to interchange between bodies. These days that method is not practical so I had to choose one brand.

Lenses don't change anywhere near as rapidly as the bodies, and it seems to me that the body race is like a neck and neck competition where one brand is ahead by a nose for a while and the other does the same thing in its turn. I must say that some of the photos I consider my best are made with comparatively crappy equipment, so for me the overall quality of the photograph is a combination of the technology, my skill and the moment... I have a huge respect for Nilkon gear but I cannot in all honesty say that Nikon or Canon, or any other brand for that matter is superior - it may not be true next week!

Real Name
    Jeremy Rundle

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    Only if you don't know how to use them. I've never had a problem; but then I know enough that matrix focus mode for wildlife photography is not a good choice; but spot focus is.
    I don't shoot BIF but I do shoot fast sports and agree with one thing that I have never ever used anything other than just the one centre focus point, just because cameras may have fifty focus points doesn,t mean you have to use them

Quote Originally Posted by pnodrog View Post
    Not sure that such emotive and uninformed thread headings are of any benefit to this site.
    I'm sure they are not - this type of topic is more suitable at DPR - it's essentially trash talk and should be avoided.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123