Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Street scene

Real Name
    António Correia

Street scene

Last Sunday, as I walked in the town center of Setubal I saw this guy and I thought I should make some pictures of him.
    However, my available camera was the G9 and it was a few meters away in the boot of the car.
    I grab the camera and I made these shots.
    The lady just got in the picture saying: "Photograph me, photograph me with him..."
    1. Street scene 2. Street scene 3. Street scene

Re: Street scene

aha! another guy who is photogenic and is eating up all the attention frm the viewers,even on the streets pic u really know how to pick ppl all the three snaps are good,in clarity.simplicity,thin story line, and pleasant composition tooif i had the control ,i would have put this guy right in the center of that crowd,in the background of the first pic,all looking at him or staring away at him after watching all these three pics,and the hero! i miss not seeing the eyes of this man! those glares are just hiding too much like the old saying goes"eyes are the windows of the soul" finally the poor lady just does not stand a chance of being noticed by the viewer! thts really a smart bit of composition frm u

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    aha! another guy who is photogenic and is eating up all the attention frm the viewers,even on the streets pic u really know how to pick ppl all the three snaps are good,in clarity.simplicity,thin story line, and pleasant composition tooif i had the control ,i would have put this guy right in the center of that crowd,in the background of the first pic,all looking at him or staring away at him after watching all these three pics,and the hero! i miss not seeing the eyes of this man! those glares are just hiding too much like the old saying goes"eyes are the windows of the soul" finally the poor lady just does not stand a chance of being noticed by the viewer! thts really a smart bit of composition frm u
    Thank you Taken.
    As I may have said before, I compose just for feeling.
    This guy is usually in another place of Setubal and I had seen him before always with those glasses. He was covered with mud - yes, MUD - and standing under direct Sun.
    Unfortunatelly I had not the camera in the car.
    I hope I get him before Winter comes...

My type of pictures....spent lots of time on New York streets but these have a more local market feel....

The reflection on the glasses intrigued me......I cut it out to see the reflected scene.....I found that by resizing by 500% (adding pixels) I could see the people, but not you the photographer.....was surprised that resizing reveals more detail than just zooming.....

Good Pictures.....enjoyed....

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by willgoss View Post
    My type of pictures....spent lots of time on New York streets but these have a more local market feel....

The reflection on the glasses intrigued me......I cut it out to see the reflected scene.....I found that by resizing by 500% (adding pixels) I could see the people, but not you the photographer.....was surprised that resizing reveals more detail than just zooming.....

Good Pictures.....enjoyed....
    Will, I think you can see me in the last picture.

It is the white spot at the bottom of the right glass.

I remember I was wearing a white shirt with blue stripes as I usually do.

Funny idea that one. Crop to 500 %

Since you have a dull background, you could have reduced depth of fileld and blurred the background to make this guy standout.

even the croud which has been blurred out would provide a nice colorful background.

Pictures a nice and colorful

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist81 View Post
    Since you have a dull background, you could have reduced depth of fileld and blurred the background to make this guy standout.
    even the croud which has been blurred out would provide a nice colorful background.
    Pictures a nice and colorful
    Indeed. I can try in CS3 one of these days ...
    You are right.