Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Dark Keeper ;)

The Dark Keeper

This my pretty cat . I call him "Dark Keeper" because He sleeps all day, but night he wakes up and starts keeping my house against attacking of mouse and rats

The Dark Keeper ;)
    Last edited by boko; 2nd April 2010 at 07:03 PM.

Real Name
    Ali

Re: The Dark Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by boko View Post
    This my pretty cat . I call him "Dark Keeper" because He sleeps all day, but night he wakes up and starts keeping my house against attacking of mouses and rats

The Dark Keeper ;)
    Very nice and sharp. I like it!

The only thing I would change is to lessen the vignetting so that it does not cover the tip of the ears. I think that is the part of the face that should remain fully visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Alis View Post
    Very nice and sharp. I like it!

The only thing I would change is to lessen the vignetting so that it does not cover the tip of the ears. I think that is the part of the face that should remain fully visible.
    Thanks . I've just start using D-LSR, lens Kit (18-55) is everything I have. .

in your opinion, which lens should I use ?

Does he sleep on your bed? Or is he too busy on rat patrol?

Good shot, taken in an unusual way. And a very fine puss!

Real Name
    Ali

Quote Originally Posted by boko View Post
    Thanks . I've just start using D-LSR, lens Kit (18-55) is everything I have. .

in your opinion, which lens should I use ?
    I guess it depends on a lot of factors. If you consider this a portrait, then to lessen distortion of the facial elements, you may want to stay far from the subject and zoom in so a 70-200mm would be nice. You may also use a prime lens. But if the kit lens is everything you have, you have to use that one for now, regardless

But seriously, if you think of buying more lenses, I would first buy 24-70, then 70-200mm, and then if you want more you can go on to wide angle and prime lenses. This is what I have done anyway. These are for everyday and portrait shots mainly. Of course, if you are thinking of landscape photography or wildlife, then the order will change.

There are a lot of experts here who I am pretty sure will give you a more detailed answer, I am learning myself