Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Cling Film and Some Advice...Please

Cling Film and Some Advice...Please

Anther concept but I am not happy with the lighting. I used off camera flash at all sorts of different angles (and diffused) but the only way I could get the film to look solid was to turn down FEC so much that the main subject is under exposed. Has anyone any experience of lighting this sort of thing. C&C most welcome as always

Steve

Real Name
    Wendy

Re: Cling Film and Some Advice...Please

OMG man where do you come up with these ideas?
    I love #2 except of course I can tell it's cling wrap. I have no idea how you take these shots, but, might it work to take the shot in the dark on B setting, carefully paint the camera with light from a small flashlight with a focused beam and then fire the flash which has been adjusted in order to give you less exposure on the cling wrap. LOL really don't have a clue....

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    anther concept but i am not happy with the lighting. I used off camera flash at all sorts of different angles (and diffused) but the only way i could get the film to look solid was to turn down fec so much that the main subject is under exposed. Has anyone any experience of lighting this sort of thing. C&c most welcome as always

steve
    cpl?

Real Name
    Steve

Circular polariser, that might work although I haven't tried it. Colin's idea seems to be a good one.

carefully paint the camera with light from a small flashlight with a focused beam and then fire the flash which has been adjusted in order to give you less exposure on the cling wrap
    Thanks for this Wendy. You have planted a seed of thought with this idea. I like the idea of the long exposure and introducing the light over time. I need to think how to best apply this.

Colin/Steve, I have asked one of my daughters to pick me up a CPL in town this morning. I can see how his will work and it will help with Wendy's idea. Now to find time to do any of this

Steve