Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A Visit from Kermit

A Visit from Kermit

This little fella was a perfect sitter. Stock still whilst I attempted to stuff a 28-200 up his left nostril

A Visit from Kermit

A Visit from Kermit

A Visit from Kermit

A Visit from Kermit

A Visit from Kermit

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: A Visit from Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    This little fella was a perfect sitter. Stock still whilst I attempted to stuff a 28-200 up his left nostril
    You were lucky Steve, whenever I have tried approaching one of these, it's off like a shot

Nice series, but it is a shame they don't clean themselves up a bit though, I'm sure David Attenborough always has perfectly clean and shiny ones This one looks like it has crawled through some peat and your wood shavings

Very hard to decide which one(s) I like best, I think, erm ... 1 and 5.

Cheers,

Real Name
    Wendy

2 & 5 for me. He does look a bit unkempt Maybe he just came out of his winter burrow. I can see from these shots what it would feel like to pick him up.

Ribbitt! Yes, 2 & 5 for me too. Very nice.

Real Name
    Steve

They taste like chicken apparently But I like #2

Thanks for the comments guys.

Dave/Wendy, I think you are right he must have come out of winter hiding. He must have been in a stupor to let me get that close (although he was in even more of a stupor when the wind blew my backdrop on him). Still he eventually hopped away so I don't think any damage was done.

You were lucky Steve, whenever I have tried approaching one of these, it's off like a shot
    This from the man who can get an excellent, perfectly focused macro style shot of a pigeon with a 200mm lens

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    LOL! And all wonderful shots, too! In my humble opinion, I especially like #1 and #3. The angle he is sitting at in #1 looks like the little guy is there to observe you. I like the composition of #3, it's unexpected!
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 24th March 2010 at 12:01 AM. Reason: add missing close quote tag

For me number 2 pops out from the rest. Simple, off-center composition suits him nicely.