Vancouver City

Vancouver City

Vancouver City

Vancouver City

Vancouver City

Vancouver City

Vancouver City

Comments please.
    Last edited by ajith.rajeswari; 16th September 2008 at 06:24 PM.

Re: Vancouver City

very good pics indeed! they look like postcards to memy favorites would be the 6 pic,3 and first......in that hierarchy rest of the pic are great locations,but need slight improvement in the composition dept mrajith is certainly improving with each pic

Real Name
    Ian

Ajith,

Interesting shots of a very beautiful city. Can you tell us a little more about the settings you used?

Is the white balance constant throughout?

Have you done any pp?

Cheers

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    very good pics indeed! they look like postcards to memy favorites would be the 6 pic,3 and first......in that hierarchy rest of the pic are great locations,but need slight improvement in the composition dept mrajith is certainly improving with each pic
    Thanks for your comments..:-)
    I appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by shreds View Post
    Ajith,

Interesting shots of a very beautiful city. Can you tell us a little more about the settings you used?

Is the white balance constant throughout?

Have you done any pp?

Cheers

Ian
    I normally do minimal manipulations (like curves and crops)...and use GIMP for my edits, other than curve adjustments and cropping I did nothing.
    For pic 4 and 6 I used Tungsten WB for evening sunlight shots to get a "Night" touch :-)..
    For pic 1 and 3 as I did not use a tripod I have to rest myself to a wall and take the shot , thought the light was less I used ISO 100 to get a noiseless shot, WB was Auto.

Real Name
    Ian

Thanks Ajith,
    Confirmed my thoughts over WB, I think that deliberately altering it, as you have in those shots, can result in a pleasing result, glad you had success with it. I personally find that it does work well with water, the fact that the whites where still evident and clear in the shots had left me wondering how you had achieved it.

For the handheld shot, I think you have also achieved a very good picture, as the night lighting can often magnify the effect of any movements.

If they look like postcards, as has been said, I think I would take that as a compliment, the guys who do that are getting paid and doing it on a regular basis; to manage to emulate such shots is to add credence to your photography.

Quote Originally Posted by shreds View Post
    Thanks Ajith,
    Confirmed my thoughts over WB, I think that deliberately altering it, as you have in those shots, can result in a pleasing result, glad you had success with it. I personally find that it does work well with water, the fact that the whites where still evident and clear in the shots had left me wondering how you had achieved it.

For the handheld shot, I think you have also achieved a very good picture, as the night lighting can often magnify the effect of any movements.

If they look like postcards, as has been said, I think I would take that as a compliment, the guys who do that are getting paid and doing it on a regular basis; to manage to emulate such shots is to add credence to your photography.

Thanks for noticing the details .. and comments too.