Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: B&W

Real Name
    Steve

B&W

Another creek shot. Converted with DXO and LR. Critique welcome.

B&W

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: B&W

Steve

A couple of points to consider (and reject of you wish):
    • The very prominent bank fills about half the frame. Have you cropped on the left-hand side at all? If so, what about taking some of that back in and cropping at the right hand side, so that the leading edge of that big bank is more on the vertical third?
    • You've given a fairly long exposure to get the blur on the water (couldn't see the EXIF data). I wonder if it's just a bit too long? All a matter of personal taste of course. If you had gone a bit quicker, you might have got detail in the water to make it stand out more from the land surrounding it.

Real Name
    Steve

Re: B&W

Sorry donald, i can't add to the left side. This is a full frame shot/uncropped. The camera was right up next to the rock wall on the left........turning it to the left would have been pointing straight into the rock wall. Not shure how it would have looked. It prob. would have added a little more weight to the left though.

The exposure was .8 seconds. I could have backed it down, but i liked the way the water looked (like big lumps) with the longer exposure, so i just went for it. It's a couple mile hike, but a place i plan to reshoot sometime. Thanks for the input, some things i'll keep in mind for next time.