Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Got bit today

Real Name
    Pops

Got bit today

PSE7 and a student's submission in CR2, which is his camera's RAW format. I did a little work on it and cropped to 8x10 for the last day of school display. PSE7 would let me save only in JPF, not JPG.

Fought that for awhile before running across a bit on the web that one has to be in 8 bit for JPG, or only JPF is allowed.

The only thing really troublesome is that PSE7 can't then find the file it just saved. I did get it figured out for saving, but haven't yet figured out how to get it back.

(I know somebody surely will now comment "Read the *** manual" at this point. )

Pops

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Got bit today

Quote Originally Posted by PopsPhotos View Post
    The only thing really troublesome is that PSE7 can't then find the file it just saved. I did get it figured out for saving, but haven't yet figured out how to get it back.
    Hi Pops,

A "trick" I use when saving/losing a file is to click "file" -> and then pick it off the recent file list ... then you can click "file" -> "save as" and note where it's going to go by default (which will be where it already is).

If that fails you should be able to search for it.

Real Name
    Pops

Re: Got bit today

I know where it went and I always save through the file-> operation. I never save PP files back to the original's folder. In this case, I saved it to the folder where I am putting my selected student's photos for the show. When I tell PSE7 to open a file, it doesn't display the JPF fellers. If I click on it in Windows, I should be able to do the "open with" trick and choose PSE7, but haven't tried that one yet. I'm a little pressed for time. I have to ship these files for printing in about 24 hours.

Pops