Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Mayflower

Real Name
    Peter

Mayflower

This stained glass window is in our church. It commemorates the fact that Christopher Martin who was churchwarden here sailed on the Mayflower as its treasurer.

Taken with my Fuji GX680II with GXM65mm lens at F22, 4secs on Fuji 160PRO S film. No post processing except to crop out some unwanted but unavoidable objects.

C & C welcome.

Mayflower

Re: Mayflower

Very nice pastel colours, and an unusual window. I do a lot of church windows and I always set spot metering on the brightest part of the glass, which makes the surrounding tracery black, but you seem to have got some interesting colour in the stonework here.

Real Name
    Peter

Re: Mayflower

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    Very nice pastel colours, and an unusual window. I do a lot of church windows and I always set spot metering on the brightest part of the glass, which makes the surrounding tracery black, but you seem to have got some interesting colour in the stonework here.
    HI Rob,

Metering was with Sekonic lightmeter adjusted to take into account the bellows on the camera. The light behind the window was quite dim and even which is why I chose the late afternoon to take this as the sun (there actually was some that day) was on the other side of the church lighting the interior which helped even the inside and outside levels.

Peter