Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sculptures

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Sculptures

Hi,

I took these shots at some heritage hotel. For the first time, I am happy with the quality of my shots, in terms of sharpness and clarity. I need some critiques on these, please.

Sculptures

Sculptures

Sculptures

Sculptures

Sculptures

Real Name
    John

Re: Sculptures

Sahil,

All are pretty good. #1 suffers only a little because the figure's toes are cropped out. #3 looks better than #2 only because of the distracting sign behind the figure's head, plus having the man standing nearby helps the viewer relate to the size of the figure.

Real Name
    Rick

These are very sharp, very nice colors. They really pop.

You might improve #1 with a different angle. The pole behind the rear figure seems to become part of her garment.

In #3, I would clone stamp the flower pots toward the top to remove them. They're similar in color to parts of the dress, and they draw the eye.

I might also clone out the valve that shows between the woman and the man on her left, and maybe some of the clutter on the counter. That depends on what you want the image to suggest: if it's the traditional against the modern, then those things add the modern part.

All in all, a nice series.

Cheers,
    Rick

After trying to imagine some different angles for No. 1, I don't think you could do any better without moving the subjects. That pole is just too close and shooting on too much of an angle would spoil their faces. I think I prefer it as it is; slightly to one side instead of directly behind her head. It is a pity that the colours are so close here but there is just about enough variation that I don't find it excessively distracting.

I agree with the flower pots on No. 4. If you can clone them out, or even blur and fade them a bit it would help. Otherwise they are all fine.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Well I saw the original pic of the 1st image (I had to crop it down) and found that it her toe is too crooked to be shown. The plastic on toe is too worn out. And I will try changing the colour of the pillar a bit. I hope it should go neat. Will do something about the pots too, as soon as I get time.
    Thanks once again.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Here are the edited versions.

Sculptures

Sculptures

Real Name
    Rick

Very nice, Sahil. I keeps attention on the subjects more (to my eye).

Cheers,
    Rick