Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Custom Color

Custom Color

I am interested in the "Custom Color" settings on my Samsung S860. I just bought the camera and am still experimenting. My background is with film. I keep trying to translate the digital into film.. I want to do what I've done with film and darkroom technique using digital...

Real Name
    David

Re: Custom Color

Hi txfred - I do not have a Samsung S860, but my Canon IXUS50 has what I think is a similar function, known as My Colour. This setting has various options including one labelled "custom colour". As I understand these functions, you can adjust the red, green, and blue channel responses, interalai, so that you could, say, enhance the red values, leave green undisturbed, and reduce the blue channel contribution. Thus all sorts of colour effects could be achieved. Given that the light conditions will vary from shot to shot, an adjustment made for one photograph may not give the same result for the next image you try to capture. Thus, experimentation on any particular subject is going to be necessary. Nevertheless, if I understand your history of using film correctly, then I imagine that it would be possible to mimic the properties of different makes of film, say the vivid saturated colours of Kodak films or the more muted response of Agfa. I have not tried to do this, but it sounds interesting. Experimentation would seem the way forward.

Hope this helps.

David

Re: Custom Color

Dear David,

Experimentation and patience will be the key. I've started working on an outline of what needs to be figured out; and, the steps to do it. The more I've thought about it, the more interesting it is. If anyone is interested, I'll post further comments for discussion.
    Thanks,
    txfred