Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Heart of Hyderabad

Heart of Hyderabad

Dear All,

As I am unable to upload the images in previous post, Now I again reposted the same thread but with the images attached to it. Please let this photos to be critisize by my friends over here.

Looking forward for your comments.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
    Kranthi

Heart of Hyderabad

Heart of Hyderabad

Heart of Hyderabad

Heart of Hyderabad

Heart of Hyderabad

Heart of Hyderabad

Heart of Hyderabad

Heart of Hyderabad

Heart of Hyderabad

Heart of Hyderabad

Heart of Hyderabad

Re: Heart of Hyderabad

Very interesting subject matter. I like number 3. Some of these could use the contrast boosted a little and some have blown highlights.
    Last edited by Terry Tedor; 25th February 2010 at 05:12 PM.

Real Name
    Rick

The first 4 are Charminar, right? I've been fortunate enough to visit Hyderabad three times in the past few years, but haven't had much chance to take pictures. It's for work, and while we do get to tour some, it's with other people, and they have limited patience for photography.

I like the third one best: perhaps you could bring out the clouds more. What do you use for post-processing?

Cheers,
    Rick

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by kranthi54321 View Post
    Dear All,

As I am unable to upload the images in previous post, Now I again reposted the same thread but with the images attached to it. Please let this photos to be critisize by my friends over here.

Looking forward for your comments.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
    Kranthi
    Hi Kranthi,

Thanks for persevering with the image posting for us.

I see from the EXIF that these were shot with an Olympus sp550 or u550 bridge camera and you have Photoshop CS3.

I am guessing these were shot jpg, am I correct?

Your 550 has a RAW mode and with CS3 you must have ACR (Adobe Camera RAW) giving you a means to use it.
    If you shoot RAW, when the metering gets it wrong, e.g. 4, 5 and 7, you can usually rescue the shots in PP.

You obviously have a good eye for composition, but even these 7MP shots could be improved further by getting the best out of CS3, especially if you shoot RAW. The sort of things I'm thinking of are straightening horizons, local contrast enhancement and sharpening. A little extra time in front of the computer (not everyone's idea of photography, I agree) can make a huge difference.

Here's my 5 minute go at #3:
    Heart of Hyderabad

Hope that helps and if/when you want to start down the PP road, you know where to ask any questions.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Tedor View Post
    Very interesting subject matter. I like number 3. Some of these could use the contrast boosted a little and some have blown highlights.
    Thanks for your complements Terry, I too like that number 3 Image. I have used photoshop to boost the images...

I will catch you with different location in hyderabad soon,

Have a great day!

Cheers,
    Kranthi

Quote Originally Posted by rick55 View Post
    The first 4 are Charminar, right? I've been fortunate enough to visit Hyderabad three times in the past few years, but haven't had much chance to take pictures. It's for work, and while we do get to tour some, it's with other people, and they have limited patience for photography.

I like the third one best: perhaps you could bring out the clouds more. What do you use for post-processing?

Cheers,
    Rick
    Thank you Rick,

I am very glad to your valuable and inspiring comments for my shots,

Yeah the first 4 are the shots of Charminar in Hyderabad City,

I too like the third Shot very much,

When you revisit hyderabad, please contact me, We will have a nice time here.

I have used CS3 for Post processing.

I stay near charminar,

Thank you!
    Kranthi

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Kranthi,

Thanks for persevering with the image posting for us.

I see from the EXIF that these were shot with an Olympus sp550 or u550 bridge camera and you have Photoshop CS3.

I am guessing these were shot jpg, am I correct?

Your 550 has a RAW mode and with CS3 you must have ACR (Adobe Camera RAW) giving you a means to use it.
    If you shoot RAW, when the metering gets it wrong, e.g. 4, 5 and 7, you can usually rescue the shots in PP.

You obviously have a good eye for composition, but even these 7MP shots could be improved further by getting the best out of CS3, especially if you shoot RAW. The sort of things I'm thinking of are straightening horizons, local contrast enhancement and sharpening. A little extra time in front of the computer (not everyone's idea of photography, I agree) can make a huge difference.

Here's my 5 minute go at #3:
    Heart of Hyderabad

Hope that helps and if/when you want to start down the PP road, you know where to ask any questions.

Cheers,

Hi Dave,

Nice to meet you!

You are welcome. I posted the images again so that I can get good critics for the shots so that I can Improve and hone my skills.

You are correct, I have took these shots using Olympus u550 Bridge camera, I have used Photoshop cs3 for post processing.

Yeah U guessed correct its in JPEG format.

Can I know dave, how did you recognize that it was taken by Olympus camera?

I dont know the feature RAW mode in u550.

I am multimedia student, But i have little idea about photography, I have used photoshop for increasing the Contrast.

Thanks for your time in making some corrections in that shot.

that was really cool when you composited in PP.

Thanks a lot,

Cheers,
    Kranthi

Thanks for your complements Terry, I too like that number 3 Image. I have used photoshop to boost the images...

I will catch you with different location in hyderabad soon,

Have a great day!

Cheers,
    Kranthi
    You're welcome. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Real Name
    Ali

Very nice shots, Kranthi! The common theme in almost all of them is the supertight crop. Is there any reason? I mean you like it this way or there were things you did not want to include in the composition?

Anyway, nice set!

Real Name
    Rick

I too like the third Shot very much,

When you revisit hyderabad, please contact me, We will have a nice time here.
    Thanks, Kranthi.

If I get back to Hyderabad, perhaps you can show me some opportunities for photos that are hard to find in a quick visit.

I ran the first image through a "standard" workflow, similar to Dave's description above:

1. Loaded as a raw file (File > Open As, choose "Camera Raw"), and color corrected, using what appears to be a white shirt of one of the visitors.
    2. Used Unsharp Mask (USM), 250%, 0.3 pixels, 0 threshold.
    3. Added a "Curves" adjustment layer, and chose the preset "Increase Contrast," then set Opacity to 50% to get the best (to me) look. You could just adjust the curve, but I find it easier to adjust the layer.

Heart of Hyderabad

Please let me know if it's okay to repost your modified image here: I'll be glad to take it down.

Cheers,
    Rick

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

~ You are correct, I have took these shots using Olympus u550 Bridge camera, I have used Photoshop cs3 for post processing.

Yeah U guessed correct its in JPEG format.

Can I know dave, how did you recognize that it was taken by Olympus camera?

I dont know the feature RAW mode in u550.
    Hi Kranthi,

How did I know - I viewed the image EXIF data, this is text information which the camera writes into the image file when it shoots the picture, then often Photoshop or whatever, adds to it. This is just the right click Properties info from Firefox web browser:

Camera Make: OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Camera Model: u550WP,S550WP
    Image Date: 2010:02:14 05:00:05
    Flash Used: No
    Focal Length: 6.7mm (35mm equivalent: 38mm)
    Exposure Time: 0.0031 s (1/320)
    Aperture: f/6.6
    ISO equiv: 200
    Exposure Bias: 0.70
    White Balance: Manual
    Light Source: Fine Weather
    Metering Mode: Center Weight
    Exposure: program (Auto)
    Exposure Mode: Manual
    Caption: OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
    There are other EXIF viewers, like Regex, which gives loads more (this is just a small bit)

Exif IFD0

* Image Description = OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
    * Camera Make = OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    * Camera Model = u550WP,S550WP
    * Picture Orientation = normal (1)
    * X-Resolution = 3140000/10000 ===> 314
    * Y-Resolution = 3140000/10000 ===> 314
    * X/Y-Resolution Unit = inch (2)
    * Software / Firmware Version = Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
    * Last Modified Date/Time = 2010:02:25 15:37:54
    * Y/Cb/Cr Positioning (Subsampling) = co-sited / datum point (2)
    I looked up your camera model on a review site, which told me it can do RAW:

File formats • Still: JPEG (EXIF 2.21), RAW
    Unfortunately, it can't do jpg and RAW together, so until you're comfortable with processing a test RAW shot, keep shooting jpg.

Page 3 of that review shows you can turn on RAW by choosing it in your "Image Quality" menu item, just above SHQ which I hope you're using now.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 26th February 2010 at 08:22 PM.

Thanks for all your comments over my thread...

I like your comments...

I will update the shots once I get...

Cheers,
    Kranthi