Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sun Rise at Hyderabad (India)

Sun Rise at Hyderabad (India)

Hi all,

I have done my diploma in multimedia, Now I just started learning photography, This is my first post here guys. I hope you all experts here will guide me to understand and learn the photographic skills.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Kranthi

3..jpg

5..jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kranthi54321; 18th February 2010 at 09:56 AM. Reason: just to add the image

Real Name
    John

Re: Sun Rise at Hyderabad (India)

Kranthi,

The first photo of the tree appears to be in focus but you should not have the tight cropping at the top. It looks like you are getting some interference from your lense at the bottom of the photo that gives it a circular, black frame. Did you have a filter on the lens when you took this photo?

The second photo looks out of focus and has some glare from the sun. Could you provide your camera settings for both of these photos?

Hi shadowman,

Thanks for your comments, Actually for my first photo I just took the Image and added some lighting effect using photoshop.

And I am using Olympus 10 MegaPixel 450 Digital camera with 3x Optical lense. And I dont know what the setting I kept before taking the Photo.

As I am very new to the photography Please suggest me what setting should be made before taking the photo.

Thanks again for your comment!!!

Regards,
    Kranthi

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Hi Kranthi,

Well here is the link to tutorials.
    You got to read about ISO (which should be clear now), Aperture, Shutter speed, Exposure & White-balance to begin with and their trade-offs, of course.

I am not pretty sure if your camera is flexible enough when it comes to manual settings. And if you want to see what the settings were when you took a shot, check the properties of the JPEG (or RAW).

Real Name
    John

Kranthi,

I agree with Sahil's comments about ISO, aperture, and shutter speed. Another thing to consider is the limited time you will have for the sunrise shot. Be prepared before the sun rises and have the optimal ISO and white balance set when you are ready to take the shot. And it wouldn't hurt to try a few with the camera set at AUTO, then review why the camera interpreted the view at its given setting. For instance, if the camera chose an aperture of f/4 why did it allow more light given the light source.
    Quote Originally Posted by kranthi54321 View Post
    Hi shadowman,

Thanks for your comments, Actually for my first photo I just took the Image and added some lighting effect using photoshop.

And I am using Olympus 10 MegaPixel 450 Digital camera with 3x Optical lense. And I dont know what the setting I kept before taking the Photo.

As I am very new to the photography Please suggest me what setting should be made before taking the photo.

Thanks again for your comment!!!

Regards,
    Kranthi

Hi sahil and shadowman,

Thanks for your comment and for the link to access tutorials to know about the ISO and aperature.

I will update the latest shot after learning some tips to take the shot.

Your comments were really helpful.

Thanks,
    Kranthi