Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Camp Russel

Real Name
    Steve

Camp Russel

Comments welcome. These high contrast snow shots push the limits of the camera.

Camp Russel

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Camp Russel

Steve

According to the EXIF, you were up pretty early yesterday morning for this one!! Is the clock on your camera right?

I've found the last few weeks fascinating in terms of it being the first time I've ever tried to seriously produce images involving snow. It is, as you say, a challenge. But, we've done that now, so could someone please take the snow away!

As for this image, I think you got the colour and tones spot on. In terms of composition, it's not so strong for me, on the basis of those two trees in front of the cabin. You could maybe get Dave to arrange for the guy in PP Challenge #1 to pop along and fix them.

Real Name
    Steve

Re: Camp Russel

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Steve

According to the EXIF, you were up pretty early yesterday morning for this one!! Is the clock on your camera right?

I've found the last few weeks fascinating in terms of it being the first time I've ever tried to seriously produce images involving snow. It is, as you say, a challenge. But, we've done that now, so could someone please take the snow away!

As for this image, I think you got the colour and tones spot on. In terms of composition, it's not so strong for me, on the basis of those two trees in front of the cabin. You could maybe get Dave to arrange for the guy in PP Challenge #1 to pop along and fix them.
    I have a chainsaw . I don't mind them so much..............take away all the trees, and its an old cabin in a field, instead of the woods. Maybe i'll break out the 10mm and get past all the trees and take a close up.