Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Jazz On The Street.

Real Name
    John

Jazz On The Street.

And he was quite good. Clearly doubling as a street musician and evening entertainer. Taken in the City of York.

Sony DSC-R1
    1/100th sec @f7.1 ISO 160
    Dull Day
    Jazz On The Street.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Jazz On The Street.

It would have been nice to see his hands. That would have made for a more complete picture. But, that would have then lost us that couple ion the background, whose expressions make this a really good example of street photography.

I like it too. What drew me in are the expressions on the couple in the background. Somewhat enigmatic.

Real Name
    John

Thanks Donald, thanks Jack, for your comments. Would have been ideal to have seen his hands Donald but I had the idea of an audience but getting them in a position so that his hands were visible to me proved too difficult; principally I guess, because most people were looking at his hands as well. I find street photography very difficult but I like what I see when others post. Must keep trying.

Real Name
    Kaye Leggett

Its a good shot and I understand the dilemma - perhaps a series of shots would enhance the whole image ? Perhaps one picture need not have to tell the whole story when two or three would do the job ? Just a personal opinion....

Real Name
    Andrew

Hands or a wider view would have helped put more meaning into the photo because without your explanation I can't tell what is happening or what the attraction is.

Real Name
    John

Thanks Kaye. Not a bad idea. Thanks Andrew. Perhaps I was concentrating on the audience too much.