Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Douglas Bay

Real Name
    Peter

Douglas Bay

Dawn over Douglas Bay, Isle of Man. Got up really early and sneaked out of hotel before anyone was up, took a few shots and then went back for breakfast and a hard days work at the office

Douglas Bay
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 8th January 2010 at 09:59 PM.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Douglas Bay

Hi Peter,

Nice lighting on the breakwater, I think I would have been tempted to crop just a tad more off the RHS to get he breakwater almost into the corner. This would also have removed the flarebottom right corner, at least, I think it is flare.

Is that recent (no snow?).

Just an idea,

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Peter,

Nice lighting on the breakwater, I think I would have been tempted to crop just a tad more off the RHS to get he breakwater almost into the corner. This would also have removed the flarebottom right corner, at least, I think it is flare.

Is that recent (no snow?).

Just an idea,
    You are right about the crop, should have done that, must be getting tired. No, its not recent, I've beengoing through some older shots and organizing them using Lightroom and thought this might brighten eneryones day, at least those of us in the depths of winter

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Peter

Hope you don't mind, but I've put it into a 16:9 format, cutting out the main blown bits of the sky, which I find draw the eye away from the main point of interest.

Again, your line into the picture is sublime. The breakwater is a powerful feature and deserves to get all the attention.

If you're unhappy about your image being re-worked, please let me know and I'll remove it.

Douglas Bay

Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Peter

Hope you don't mind, but I've put it into a 16:9 format, cutting out the main blown bits of the sky, which I find draw the eye away from the main point of interest.

Again, your line into the picture is sublime. The breakwater is a powerful feature and deserves to get all the attention.

If you're unhappy about your image being re-worked, please let me know and I'll remove it.
    Hi Donald,

No I dont mind but as Dave said I'd have cropped the right hand side as well to put the breakwater further into the corner.

Peter

Very nice color and lighting. The right side wood fence seemed to divide the image into parts. I would think to take a vertical shot in this situation, gave just a bit sky like this shot, without the wood fence, but focus on some patterns or interesting points on the foreground.

Such sunrise light is not usual here. I recently also saw a similar this sunrise in here, but unfortunately I missed the opportunity of taking photos.