Thread: YN602 and Canon flash saved my studio session

YN602 and Canon flash saved my studio session

I wanted to learn about studio lighting so I arranged a one on one tutorial at a studio.

The studio was great and lights were great but the wireless trigger wasn't working. It had obviously been damaged previously as it had been taped and it seems it had finally given up the ghost. Of course there was the back up solution in the form of a sync cable but for some reason that turned out to be very problematic. The lights kept triggering on their own multiple times and I kept having to pull the cable out to let them stop/settle down. It happened so much that it was becoming very annoying and making things very difficult.

Luckily I had my YM602 wireless triggers with me and my canon flash. I was able to set up the flash with a 602 put the second 602 on my camera and use the flash to optically trigger the studio lights. Worked a treat.

Real Name
    Andrew

Re: YN602 and Canon flash saved my studio session

That's what I use! They're great for what they are.

I'm glad it worked out for you, Dan. How did your private session go?

Harder than I expected. Getting people to pose is a lot harder than catching a moment when out doing street photography. Would be a lot easier if the models didn't have quite so many limbs to keep track of.

Real Name
    Andrew

Damn appendages.