Thread: Fun with Pigeons

Real Name
    Christina

Fun with Pigeons

I've been photographing pigeons as practice for birds in flight... My friend calls these rats in flight but I think they are pretty in action.

Manual SS 2500-3200 F6.7 (extender on camera) auto iso 1600-3200

I processed in LR increasing clarity a lot, 40-60%, and decreasing highlights and decreasing shadows which is different then my usual move the whites and black sliders, and curves tool.

Fun with Pigeons

Fun with Pigeons

Fun with Pigeons

Processed in LR, and on the one below I decreased the exposure to try and bring out richer colours but the water looks very funky so I expect I did something wrong here, or it could just be the high iso 3200, noise seen even at small size.

Fun with Pigeons

Fun with Pigeons

C&C always appreciated, especially to help me improve my photography. Thank you.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Re: Fun with Pigeons

Wonderful images; you stopped them in action...really awesome, especially first one and the last one

Real Name
    Christina

Thank you Nandakumar... I suspect that I am going to have to find some far more interesting positions for pigeons... None of my friends like these even though I think they are pretty... But they are good practice for birds in flight.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

i have about 50 of them at home, not caged-except for night; but i hear enough from others for making the premises shabby

Real Name
    Christina

Now that is very interesting... May I ask why do you have so many pigeons?

I dream of visiting India one day and hope to realize that dream. I have always wanted to visit the Goa Penisula but I just looked up Kerala and it looks spectacularly beautiful and rich in wildlife... No need to photograph pigeons!

Quote Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
    i have about 50 of them at home, not caged-except for night; but i hear enough from others for making the premises shabby