Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Camera Belt Clip Accessory

Looking for Camera Belt Clip Accessory

Hello,

I was looking for some sort of a belt clip to carry my DSLR camera on my hip while walking during trips etc.I thought there should be something out there that resembles a cell phone holster.So, I searched and found one.Please see link below: http://www.smifu.com/capture.html , the pricing isn't bad.The product looks like very sturdy piece of equipment.Has anyone from this forum used this before?

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Looking for Camera Belt Clip Accessory

Hi Bill,

I'm not familiar with the one you linked to, but I do have - and recommend - the spider holster:

http://spiderholster.com/

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Hi Bill,

I'm not familiar with the one you linked to, but I do have - and recommend - the spider holster:

Hello Colin, Thanks for your reply, Spider Pro Holster plate seems doesn't fit Olympus bodies yet . And actually I am using a Olympus Camera

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by billythronton467 View Post
    Hello Colin, Thanks for your reply, Spider Pro Holster plate seems doesn't fit Olympus bodies yet . And actually I am using a Olympus Camera
    Hi Bill,

You shouldn't need a "plate" they have a metal "spigot" (for want of a better word), that screws into the tripod mount on the bottom of the camera (assuming that it has one of those?)

Real Name
    Martin

This might work for you... http://buy.cottoncarrier.com/cotton-...p/514rtl-s.htm

They do offer a "holster" that attaches to your belt... there's a photo of it on the page/link above.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Hi Bill,

Billy - I don't know where you are (If you wish you can go to Edit Profile and put in your location, so that it appears in the sidebar alongside your message, just like mine beside this message. Then everybody knows where everybody else is.), but if it's the UK and you can find one of these - please let me know.

Colin also recommended this product to me and I've tried all my usual suppliers plus some others in the UK and there are none in the country. So, I'm doing regular trawls to see if and when any of them get more into stock and I'll be ordering immediately.

Real Name
    Bill Yeung

It looks the spider holster fit the shape of the camera, plus the flash all together to me.
    7D, 70-200mm + flash
    thanks

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Colin also recommended this product to me and I've tried all my usual suppliers plus some others in the UK and there are none in the country. So, I'm doing regular trawls to see if and when any of them get more into stock and I'll be ordering immediately.
    Hi Donald,

I just ordered direct from the manufacturer and they sent it out to me.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Hi Donald,

I just ordered direct from the manufacturer and they sent it out to me.
    Do we have a problem?

As I said above, all stockists in the UK seem to be out of stock.

I've just sent an e-mail to the manufacturer in the US asking about getting one sent directly and it's been bounced back as undeliverable. Have tried contacting them on their Facebook page.

Mmmm!

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Do we have a problem?

As I said above, all stockists in the UK seem to be out of stock.

I've just sent an e-mail to the manufacturer in the US asking about getting one sent directly and it's been bounced back as undeliverable. Have tried contacting them on their Facebook page.

Mmmm!
    Hmmm - not sure. A bit of Googling might shed some light on the topic?

Real Name

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Hmmm - not sure. A bit of Googling might shed some light on the topic?
    Hallelujah! I think I've just found the last one in the UK.

The Flash Centre (Birmingham store, not the London branch) had one left. I've grabbed it. Should have it in a couple of days.

Real Name
    Richard

I don't really like carrying anything weighty on my belt. However, for those who prefer this method of carrying; there appear to be many choices.

https://www.google.com/#q=camera+belt+clip

What prompted me to reply to this post was that I was buying some inkjet paper at my local Calumet Photo store today and saw a belt clip that looked pretty nice. However, instead of writing the name down, I thought that I might remember it - I DIDN'T! Then, I thought that I could find it on the Calumet Website but, I COULDN'T!

The best I could do was to search on Google (results above) but, I didn't find that specific belt clip there either...

I tend to like a holster case rather than a clip for my belt. I also use the OPTECH Dual Harness but, I am gravitating to the holster case due to personal and equipment security reasons. With the holster case, I only have the second camera in view when I am shooting...

Real Name
    Kevin

I have the Spider Holster and like it for holding a 2nd camera, generally with a wide angle lense when I'm primarily using a long lense on another body. I don't like it for hiking- didn't like the weight on my hips, and the camera swinging to and fro while hiking was a distraction. Getting it quickly into a shooting position was slower than I wanted as it requires a release to remove it from the holster.

For hiking I prefer a cross shoulder sling with a sliding camera clip that is almost instantaneous to shoot, and as it can be moved independently from my side to any position I need, I can easily keep the camera from getting clipped by trees, shrubs and rocks. And the camera weight is more balanced as the weight is distributed on both sides of my body, rather than all its weight hanging unilaterally.

Real Name
    Helen Wood

Check out Peak Design. Reasonably priced. They have a rather unique system and the clip can be attached not only to belts but backpack straps as well.

Real Name
    Bill Yeung

thanks for the information on all the different designs.
    to me, it is only the spider holster can well handle a camera + 70-200mm + flash,
    many other model demonstrated the cameras and lens without the attachment of the flash.
    only the spider holster's L bracket can caused the lens point to the ground and the flash point to the front ( not outward)

seems to be my choice if I go for a holster.
    thanks

can always learn something from all of you daily!

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Yeung View Post
    thanks for the information on all the different designs.
    to me, it is only the spider holster can well handle a camera + 70-200mm + flash,
    many other model demonstrated the cameras and lens without the attachment of the flash.
    only the spider holster's L bracket can caused the lens point to the ground and the flash point to the front ( not outward)

seems to be my choice if I go for a holster.
    thanks

can always learn something from all of you daily!
    I've used the spider holster with exactly that combination, and it's actually quite surprising how comfortable it is.

Frees up a hand to carry a lighting rig - balanced by a tripod in the other hand - with a big bag slung over my shoulder because any one of those items is apparently "too heavy" for my daughter to carry ...

Real Name
    Bill Yeung

Coin:
    one last question: do you use it with the spider belt?
    one youtube shows that they simply clip the holster to the normal belt. the good side is the belt and especially the pad will not block the jean's pocket. and the camera than will fit even closer.
    also we don't need to have spider belt over our jean's belt.
    what is your experience in using with or without the belt and pad?

thanks
    Bill

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Bill

My understanding is that there are two products. One is for lighter-weight equipment and that is when the clip on an ordinary belt is used. For the sort of gear most of the folks on here are using, it would need to be the other product; i.e. the full-kit, including the spider belt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast