Thread: What was I on?

Real Name
    Allan Short

What was I on?

Went out last night to the harbour at Picton with some friends, storm clouds were working their way in as the sun was going down. Now there was some colour in the sky however I went a tad over board (well I was at the harbour). Got home when worked this up, I do not know what I was on that took me here, it maybe just I didn't have any supper, what ever it was I like it.

Cheers:

Allan

What was I on?

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Re: What was I on?

I like your reality

Real Name
    Greg

I like it too, Allan. I don't know what the actual scene was like but that doesn't matter because I enjoy the feeling these tones produce (in me, at least).

Lately, I have been thinking about colour. I usually strive to reproduce the actual colours of the scene in pp, and that is fine if all I care about is the technical aspect of photography. But from an aesthetic perspective, why not enhance the colour (saturate or even desaturate) if that produces a more pleasing interpretation of the subject?

[Just the humble ramblings of a novice]

Real Name
    Allen or "Lurchy" is fine

i love the photo, the only thing i dont really like about the image is the speed sign for the boats, either if it was more in focus or not there entirely would make it better for me, unsure which

Real Name
    Graham Serretta

Works for me. Bravo!

Real Name
    Allan Short

Nandakumar, Greg, and Graham thanks very much I was wondering about it, sometimes I just kind of go off in my little world. There is a TV show here called "MythBusters" one of the hosts has a tee shirt with something that reads like "I reject your reality and substitute my own reality", I think that as photographers that well should embrace that more.
    Allen (good name by the way), it was one long exposure and a short one, almost no wind and that darn thing moved.

Cheers:

Allan