Thread: Foot Steps

Real Name
    Kelvin Espada

Foot Steps

I've playing with Luminosity Masks from Jimmy McIntyre and then applying a number of Topaz plugins selectively to the image. It get's kind of intricate but the results are really stunning. This is actually a 3 image HDR that has been manually merged with the Luminosity Masks then selectively sharpened with Detail 3 from Topaz Labs and contrast enhancements with Clarity and Adjust from Topaz Labs in very selective areas.
    Foot Steps
    Last edited by kespada51; 11th September 2013 at 02:06 PM.

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Re: Foot Steps

Kelvin,
    Cropping out most of the bridge will place more emphasis on the footprints. Be careful, the footprints are leading in the opposite direction to the direction the “print maker” is walking.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

The contradiction pointed out by Burger takes the soul of the image.... But the idea can be reworked to a great image, i hope
    Regards

Real Name
    Tony Marshall

Hi Kelvin

It's an interesting idea, and I agree with the suggestion to try cropping some of the bridge out.

Did the dynamic range of the image exceed the camera's? Or were you looking to achieve an HDR-style image?

Tony

Real Name
    Kelvin Espada

The dynamic range did exceed the camera, I was after a natural look with out the traditional hdr effects. As for the footsteps, I agree, I was so concerned with the technical aspects of masks that I lost track of the aesthetics, I will go back and work on it some more. Thanks for the great comments!

Real Name
    Shane

Kelvin, this is a good concept. When/if you reword the image take a look just to the right of the person. It appears as if there is ghosting of some sort (looks like you might have moved the location of the person?).

I would be interested to learn more about the processing that you used on this image (as well as the sooc shot). Do you have links you would be willing to share?

Real Name
    Kelvin Espada

The ghost image was there on purpose to show that you don't walk alone, but as you can see in this re-work I have removed it along with the ghost of the birds. I also changed the direction of the footsteps as suggested, The link for the process is http://www.hdrone.com/digital-blendi...-advanced-hdr/ Let me know if this helps and answers your questions. Your comments are always welcome.
    Foot Steps

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Your action in expedience is highly appreciated ; well done