Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low tide at sunrise...

Real Name
    Joe

Low tide at sunrise...

Saturday morning the low tide and sunrise were timed to coincide at Ft. Desoto County Park. Dottie and I dragged ourselves out of bed at 5 AM to make the drive to the lagoon at the north side of the park. Posted below are some of the images. C&C welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

American White Ibis

Low tide at sunrise...

Great Egrets and American White Ibis

Low tide at sunrise...

Reddish Egret

Low tide at sunrise...

Low tide at sunrise...

Low tide at sunrise...

American White Ibis

Low tide at sunrise...

American Oystercatcher

Low tide at sunrise...
    Last edited by jprzybyla; 9th September 2013 at 07:20 PM.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: Low tide at sunrise...

And I thought we were going to get a sunrise landscape from you Joe !!

The birds look lovely in the early morning light, and I dare say there are many around at that time of day. You'll have to start making a habit of these early morning starts.

Dave

Real Name
    Christina

Beautiful compositions and absolutely gorgeous light.. My favourites are the 1st image for the composition and light, and 3 and 4 for the light and action captured.

Real Name
    Tony Marshall

Lovely photos Joe. I especially like #5 with its vibrant colours and frozen, purposeful strides. You are lucky to have a companion who likes to get up at 5am and join you; my early morning starts are always solitary

Tony

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by dje View Post
    And I thought we were going to get a sunrise landscape from you Joe !!

The birds look lovely in the early morning light, and I dare say there are many around at that time of day. You'll have to start making a habit of these early morning starts.

Dave
    Hello Dave, I had you wondering about the sunrise... I haven't mastered birds yet. Thank you for viewing and commenting, I appreciate you taking the time. Regarding early morning I am learning how wonderful the light is at that time.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Christina S View Post
    Beautiful compositions and absolutely gorgeous light.. My favourites are the 1st image for the composition and light, and 3 and 4 for the light and action captured.
    Hello Christina, thank you for viewing and commenting... very much appreciated.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
    Lovely photos Joe. I especially like #5 with its vibrant colours and frozen, purposeful strides. You are lucky to have a companion who likes to get up at 5am and join you; my early morning starts are always solitary

Tony
    Hello Tony, thank you for commenting and viewing. I took a peek at your website, I like what you do. The birds reminded me of my love in photography and the orchids are similar to ones I grow in Florida.

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Quote Originally Posted by jprzybyla View Post
    Dottie and I dragged ourselves out of bed at 5 AM to make the drive to the lagoon at the north side of the park.
    Hi Joe,

If I may, I am going to be very frank.

Getting up a 5 in the morning to go on a photo shoot and not capturing the mood of early morning golden hour is a waste of sleeping time.

Looking at all of these images I really miss that early morning warmth. No good removing the early morning warm tint in PP. You might as well get up at 07h00 and start shooting at 09h00.

You will have to re-shoot now!

Real Name
    wm c boyer

Joe, I liked your images. You will get more detail out of the white plumage if ya back off on the exposure a little. The only thing I do at five in the morning is getting my kids off to school. To get up at five and then drive an hour and a half, yeah I did my mapquest thingy, in my mind shows devotion boarding on insanity.
    For someone that hasn't mastered birds yet, you have an impressive website. I think giving up golf was a good move.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

All are astounding shots, be it stillness or action; the lighting awesome.

Real Name
    Christina

I see the beautiful morning light, especially so on 1,3,4,5 and 6.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by AB26 View Post
    Hi Joe,

If I may, I am going to be very frank.

Getting up a 5 in the morning to go on a photo shoot and not capturing the mood of early morning golden hour is a waste of sleeping time.

Looking at all of these images I really miss that early morning warmth. No good removing the early morning warm tint in PP. You might as well get up at 07h00 and start shooting at 09h00.

You will have to re-shoot now!
    Hello Andre, I seem to have failed to meet your expectations. On that point you and I are going to have to agree to disagree.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    Joe, I liked your images. You will get more detail out of the white plumage if ya back off on the exposure a little. The only thing I do at five in the morning is getting my kids off to school. To get up at five and then drive an hour and a half, yeah I did my mapquest thingy, in my mind shows devotion boarding on insanity.
    For someone that hasn't mastered birds yet, you have an impressive website. I think giving up golf was a good move.
    Thanks Chauncey, I appreciate you taking time to view and comment. I hear you on the white plumage, these are a work in progress... a first draft you might say. Five in the morning is easy for me, I am a morning person. Your compliment regarding my website is most appreciated. I have read many of your responses to thread in the forum, all were on point. I value your opinion.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
    All are astounding shots, be it stillness or action; the lighting awesome.
    Hello Nandakumar, thank you for taking time to view and comment... very much appreciated.

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Christina S View Post
    I see the beautiful morning light, especially so on 1,3,4,5 and 6.
    Just smiles, thank you Christina.

Real Name
    steve

The reddish egret images really fascinate me - in the first it looks like 'why me' - in the second somewhat surprised and in the final one like it's really pleased with itself, or that's how I see it. BTW, the whole set gives double value as it makes me feel a little warmer given it's barely 50 deg F outside and pouring with rain.

Real Name
    Tony Marshall

Hello Tony, thank you for commenting and viewing. I took a peek at your website, I like what you do. The birds reminded me of my love in photography and the orchids are similar to ones I grow in Florida.
    So you actually grow orchids! I buy them and photograph them and try in vain to make them sprout flowers again.

Keep up the early morning rises; the photos on your website are great.

Tony

Real Name
    Andre Burger

On that point you and I are going to have to agree to disagree.
    Joe,
    I am glad we can agree to disagree. Isn’t that what makes photography worth our while? If we always agreed, all of our images would be the same boring looking subject, wouldn’t it?

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Lovely action captures with good lighting. The red egret #3 and the American White Ibis are my special favourites. The red egret #2 is a great shot but I have to admit I had a bit of trouble with its raised wing; purely personal observation of course.
    K

Real Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by dabhand View Post
    The reddish egret images really fascinate me - in the first it looks like 'why me' - in the second somewhat surprised and in the final one like it's really pleased with itself, or that's how I see it. BTW, the whole set gives double value as it makes me feel a little warmer given it's barely 50 deg F outside and pouring with rain.
    Hello Steve, thank you for viewing and commenting. The Reddish Egret is one of my favorites to photograph. It is a bird that is always animated, running around, wings flapping. Stopping only to grab a fish that it scared up. Well... the weather here now is nice but it does get cold in the winter. 50 degrees F is freezing to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast