Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: SD to CF adapter cards

SD to CF adapter cards

I'm looking to use my SD cards in the CF slot of my Canon bodies and wonder what the experience here is with these?

I'm thinking of wi-fi as the older Canon bodies are virtually worthless now (1D and 1D2) secondhand. These bodies are going to be mounted in high risk places and remotely triggered and I don't want to have to climb up gantrys etc just to get the cards out.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

Real Name
    Ted

Re: SD to CF adapter cards

Quote Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
    I'm looking to use my SD cards in the CF slot of my Canon bodies and wonder what the experience here is with these?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.
    Hi Steve,

By coincidence I was searching another forum today re: CF cards and the Sigma SD14 and I did note a good few adverse comments about using CF to SD adapters. Not of much help to a Canon guy, perhaps.

Never used a wi-fi equipped cam, so can't help you there . . .

Real Name
    Adrian

The adaptors are cheap. Whilst there may be a small degradation in write speed to the card, I can't see that you have anything to lose from experimenting with remote use of wifi cards in a CF adaptor.

Thanks guys. The problem thus far is finding a reputable item. Having spent too much time surfing the 'net yesterday I'm a bit perplexed at the seemingly lack of supply from the main manufacturers.

Hence I thought I bet someone here will have an idea?

Real Name
    Graham Serretta

Steve, I use a DELOCK adaptor in a Canon 7D which does what it says on the tin, but when used with a Wi-Fi SD card transmission is unpredictable. I suggest that you do some experimenting before using an adaptor and Wi-Fi card combo for anything important.

Graham, thanks for the warning. The images will be important and sold on site. Not really wishing to splash out on the Canon wi-fi but it's starting to look like it might be the route to go.

Anyone know if it's legal to have a tame monkey as a 'runner' ...