Thread: Mid snack

Real Name
    Phil Page

Mid snack

This was quite a severe test for the X100s. Low light, wide open, high ISO. Colour shot is SOOC, black and white converted with Silver Efex

1/90th, f2, ISO6400, pre focusing on the subject and waiting for him to turn round for the shot (once his friends pointed me out to him)

So the photo's no great shakes, but the situation is typical of scenes where I've previously used my D700 & 2/35 Distagon. Pros and cons - good colour straight out of the camera. Bokeh, distortion, sharpness all not as good (noted especially around the high contrast area in the background, with the shop light shining through the truck window). Still for compact not a bad attempt.

Mid snack

Mid snack

Real Name
    John

Re: Mid snack

I can see what you mean about the Bokeh but I think you are being a little hard (declares himself a Fuji X fan). The area you point to is totally blown and you are bound to get some bleed. The other areas aren't bad though and there is no doubting the quality of the image generally especially at ISO 6400. No not as good as FF but close.