Thread: Surreal Lotus Temple

Real Name
    Raj

Surreal Lotus Temple

Hi, going forward on my photography venture I stopped and clicked another shot. Can you please review it and let me know what exactly is missing for it to reach position Perfect?

Here i tried to use strong leading lines to draw attention toward the eagle flying in the sky. Also, should i sharpen these leading lines just like i have done in the image or should i use the lines without sharpening them?

Thank You

Surreal Lotus Temple

EXIF :
    Camera : Sony A57
    Aperture : F9
    Shutter : 1/320
    ISO : 100
    Focal Length : 55mm (Kit lens used)

I live a stone's throw away from Cuyahoga National Park (NE, Ohio)..

Re: Surreal Lotus Temple

Hi Raj, I like your image's abstract quality. One thing I would consider eliminating is the antennae (?) in the upper right. The flying bird I'm not sure about. As an abstract image, the bird is a distraction for me. However, combining the abstract with the real is sort of interesting.

karm

Hi Raj, in the upper part a nice filigrane composition. IMHO the big black area in the lower right is somewhat disturbing.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Werner View Post
    Hi Raj, in the upper part a nice filigrane composition. IMHO the big black area in the lower right is somewhat disturbing.
    I agree. I wouldn't eliminate the black area totally. I like the idea including the eagle and a small amount of the black area counterbalances the eagle in the comp for me. My suggestion would be to crop the bottom of the image until it in a square format. To my eye that sits better but we are all different.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Raj: Like the image very much, very strong lines, works well with the colour treatment you used. Remember it will only reach that position perfect in your mind and you will know it when it happens, I or we can not tell you when it is "position perfect".

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by Karm Redland View Post
    Hi Raj, I like your image's abstract quality. One thing I would consider eliminating is the antennae (?) in the upper right. The flying bird I'm not sure about. As an abstract image, the bird is a distraction for me. However, combining the abstract with the real is sort of interesting.

karm
    Thanks a lot for your kind review. I will remove the antenne.

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by Werner View Post
    Thanks for your valuable input. I will surely think of this black negative space and will try to improve it.

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by John 2 View Post
    I agree. I wouldn't eliminate the black area totally. I like the idea including the eagle and a small amount of the black area counterbalances the eagle in the comp for me. My suggestion would be to crop the bottom of the image until it in a square format. To my eye that sits better but we are all different.
    Thanks for your valuable review. I called this image by keeping strong lines driving attention to the eagle in my mind and giving exact surreal effect. I will surely work on the black negetive space.

Real Name
    Mavourneen

I also agree it's a great Abstract image. I like the contrast between the dark bottom, lines and texture in the sky.

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by Polar01 View Post
    Raj: Like the image very much, very strong lines, works well with the colour treatment you used. Remember it will only reach that position perfect in your mind and you will know it when it happens, I or we can not tell you when it is "position perfect".

Cheers:

Allan
    Thank you for your kind review. I clicked it by keeping the leading lines drawing attention to the eagle in my mind with the same surreal effect. I used negative space to counter balance with eagle and to make this left petal architecture a powerful leading line. I was not sure if this concept works or not.

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by mstrozewski View Post
    I also agree it's a great Abstract image. I like the contrast between the dark bottom, lines and texture in the sky.
    Thanks for the appreciation

Real Name
    Victor Nimitz

HI,

Just as your title says, Lotus Temple, better concentrate on it.
    Maybe erase the antenna.

Leave the eagle to give the viewer a perspective of the size of the temple.

Minimize the watermark.

Great idea to treat this as an abstract/architecture image.

Thanks

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by nimitzbenedicto View Post
    HI,

Just as your title says, Lotus Temple, better concentrate on it.
    Maybe erase the antenna.

Leave the eagle to give the viewer a perspective of the size of the temple.

Minimize the watermark.

Great idea to treat this as an abstract/architecture image.

Thanks
    Thanks for the kind review. I will surely remove the antenna and will shorten the watermark.

Real Name
    Dave

Hi Raj,

Well conceived image.

I agree with crop approach. In fact I would crop the lower black area completely. Then, the temple naturally leads the eye to the eagle. As others have said, it it about what you want.

Best regards,

Dave

Real Name
    Raj

Quote Originally Posted by davidedric View Post
    Hi Raj,

Well conceived image.

I agree with crop approach. In fact I would crop the lower black area completely. Then, the temple naturally leads the eye to the eagle. As others have said, it it about what you want.

Best regards,

Dave
    Thanks for your valuable review. I will surely take care of the black negetive space.