Thread: lens info

Real Name
    Terry

lens info

Can anyone tell me if a 50mm-500 sigma lens will fit and operate on my 1000d if it will is there any particular one I need to get because there seems to be different styles or maybe its just the way people advertise them

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: lens info

You would obviously need the Canon mount version.

Optically the 150-500mm is better that the 50 - 150mm (we looked at both lenses before going with 150-500mm), but I would be very cautious recommending a Sigma lens; ours has been very unreliable.

Real Name
    Kathy

There are a couple different versions of the "Bigma" and as Manfred says, you may also want to consider the 150-500 OS and the 120-400 OS, as well, not to mention once again considering whether plumping down for the Canon EF 100-400 f/4-5.6L IS USM might be worth the extra cash.

As long as you have a Canon EOS mount version of the lens, it should work, but the newest one probably also has HSM (Sigma-speak for USM), and OS (Sigma speak for IS), so that would likely be the most desirable. The longer the lens you're using, the more useful stabilization becomes.

Real Name
    Terry

well I have got what I consider a bargain a sigma 150-500 in as new condition for £472 and its just amazing will be spending plenty of time with it. Must say its not as heavy as I thought, im quite well built so that may be an advantage Thank you for your comments ...conn