Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Roadside Waterfall

Real Name
    Allan Short

Roadside Waterfall

Going thru images to print for a studio tour this September, I have been meaning to print this one at the time I shot it with a D90 in both jpeg & raw was I was very new and it was my first real trip (Iceland) so I did not want to blow it. I finally got around to it and processed the raw file, the only thing I did really was to darken down the sky I wanted it darker and a richer feel to it. I stayed a couple of extra days, on one of them I took off and headed east on the ring road, then on the return home the sun was high and ahead of me. Now with this falls like many you can shoot if from the road side and that is what I did, I can upon it at the perfect time as the sun was lighting it up. The print looks pretty good too, however I in my haste forgot to sharpen it for output and that was the last sheet of paper until next week after I return from taking my daughters down to Ohio to see there mother, oh well, live and learn.

Cheers:

Allan

Roadside Waterfall

Real Name
    Kaye Leggett

Re: Roadside Waterfall

That's a good shot - I'd be pleased with it.

Real Name
    Christina

A very nice image, and I love the perspective.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Very nice shot Alan - What's with the blue sky and clouds. Not the Iceland I remember...

Actually that's not true, about half the days were nice, the other half were "typical", i.e. overcast, with the rain falling "horizontally" in the high winds. We've got to get back there sometime, now that I have a decent camera and know how to use it. Our last trip (2009) was a few weeks after I got my first DSLR (I prompty dropped the D90 when down at the bottom of the Kerio crater and cracked part of the housing) and on the previous one (2007), I was shooting a P&S.

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Hi Allan.

I have a trip to Iceland scheduled in 2014. Really looking forward to it.

Regarding your beautiful image, the clouds have a reddish tint that I would try removing. I would also darken the bright area in the lower right corner. The falls themselves look really nice and there is good depth in the image due to the shadows.

Real Name
    John

Very nice.

Real Name
    Flavius Marchant

It makes me want to be there to enjoy its beauty. It is one of my passions to photograph waterfalls.

Real Name
    Dan

That's an awesome shot of a waterfall. Great light, great color, interesting fall. Have you tried a long vertical crop to see how it looks? Like 3x1 maybe?