Thread: Lightning Pole:

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Lightning Pole:

Yes I know, the vignetting in the top left corner is crap.
    I could not wonder when the wind is going to break the top of this lightning pole off due to metal fatigue, with disasteourous consequence.

This pole is high, the highest lightning pole I have yet seen.

Lightning Pole:

Real Name
    Greg

Re: Lightning Pole:

Well seen, Andre. I like the combination of shapes and lines. The symmetical framing works for me. I wonder if a distortion (and the vignetting) could be removed in pp?

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    Well seen, Andre. I like the combination of shapes and lines. The symmetical framing works for me. I wonder if a distortion (and the vignetting) could be removed in pp?
    +1 from me Andre. Alternatively, you could just add a vignette to the other side.

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    Thanks Greg.

No, vignetting should not be removed in PP. The "photographer" should have known that a smaller aperture would have removed the vignetting. A smaller aperture would also have rendered the image sharper. Would that not have been better?

Distortion is part of the effect you get when shooting with wide angle lenses. Should it be removed or should it stay?

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Quote Originally Posted by John 2 View Post
    +1 from me Andre. Alternatively, you could just add a vignette to the other side.
    Or maybe I should go back and re-shoot using the correct camera settings?

Thanks John.

Real Name
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by AB26 View Post
    Thanks Greg.

No, vignetting should not be removed in PP. The "photographer" should have known that a smaller aperture would have removed the vignetting. A smaller aperture would also have rendered the image sharper. Would that not have been better?
    Well, yes that would have been better but don't be too hard on yourself, Andre.

Quote Originally Posted by AB26 View Post
    Distortion is part of the effect you get when shooting with wide angle lenses. Should it be removed or should it stay?
    That is an interesting question. Sometimes when it is quite minor as in this instance I think it should be corrected if possible. Other times it can be quite pleasing - to my eye, at least.