Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Nellie L. Byrd

Real Name
    Tyler

The Nellie L. Byrd

One of the last of the original 1911 Chesapeake Bay skipjacks (oyster harvester). She is in disrepair now and awaiting a restoration this fall. This is a study in marine weathering , color and texture.

The Nellie L. Byrd

The Nellie L. Byrd

The Nellie L. Byrd

The Nellie L. Byrd

C&C certainly welcomed. FYI- this boat is amid a lot of clutter so full shots were not really possible.

Tyler

Real Name
    Bruce

Re: The Nellie L. Byrd

Tyler, this is an interesting set of pictures. The boat looks like she's a good candidate for the last page in Wooden Boat. I don't know if they still do, but the last page of the magazine used to be a photo and profile of a boat in really bad repair and looking for someone to restore it.

Will you be doing a photo record of the restoration or is the set of photos in this post a one off?

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Cantab View Post
    .........Will you be doing a photo record of the restoration or is the set of photos in this post a one off?
    I would love to see that as well with these images as the starting point. Perhaps a 365 type project but month by month?

I live a stone's throw away from Cuyahoga National Park (NE, Ohio)..

Tyler, a subject definitely worth pursuing. Really like no. 2. No. 4 is an interesting picture but doesn't relate to subject in an obvious manner. If picture one was mine, I would try to develop it with a painted look.

karm