Thread: Help!!!!

Help!!!!

Hey guys i want some help from you.
    i am a student and just love photographyand want to take it as my profession,but the main problem is i dont have SLR camera but soon iwill buy one.So friends please give me some tips to learn photography and from which step should i start.so plzzzz help.....

Real Name
    John

Re: Help!!!!

What school will you be attending and do they have a critieria for the type of camera you should purchase?

Real Name
    Allan Short

I am with John, here at least if in a photography course most times the school will tell you the minimum that you will need as per makes and models and choose of lens. Getting the equipment is easy, then comes the practice, practice, practice and more practice get the idea along with learning from all your mistakes just like the rest of us.

Cheers:

Allan

PS: there is no special camera and lens that will give you the perfect picture it is all you in that department.

sir,i haven't joined any school yet.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by shubham arora View Post
    sir,i haven't joined any school yet.
    The first question that anyone will need to know before giving you any sort of advice is ......... How much are you able to afford to spend? Or if you are a very young person and are asking for financial support from your parents or carers, how much can they afford?

As you probably know, photography can be quite an expensive activity. However, there are many cameras that do not cost a huge amount of money. The important thing to remember is that great pictures are not made by a camera. They are made by the person using the camera.

So, please tell us more about your budget. What is your level of knowledge and skill at this time? What are your interests in photography (what do you intend to photograph)?

So far as learning about photography is concerned, you should go to the Tutorials section of this website and begin to study some of those. I would recommend that you start by studying the tutorials listed under the heading 'How Your Camera Works' and the heading 'Camera Types & Accessories'.

This will give you some knowledge with which you can then begin to do some research into the equipmen that you might want to purchase.
    Last edited by Donald; 10th August 2013 at 02:59 PM.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Yes I understood that you have not joined a school yet for your first post, however that should not stop you from going and finding out what they require of their students as per min equipment for the course. Some times the school supplies you with the camera and equipment which is priced into the cost of the course if you do not already have the min. equipment required.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

I think we might be misunderstanding the student part; I dont see anything about enrollment in a photography course, just that he / she wants to learn photography.

I guess my initial question would be what your photographic experience is. After that the budget comes into play.

Thank you very much Sir for kindly replying. I am a student and can't afford right now too costly cameras so how should i make a humble start for it? I am interested in wildlife and candid photography.i am also studying tutorials given onthis website.

thank you sir.

sir,my experience is zero and my budget right now is not too much right now.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by shubham arora View Post
    Thank you very much Sir for kindly replying. I am a student and can't afford right now too costly cameras so how should i make a humble start for it? I am interested in wildlife and candid photography.i am also studying tutorials given onthis website.
    Shubham
    In your first post, you wrote about wanting to buy a DSLR. However, have you looked at the cameras that are described as 'bridge' cameras. These cameras can often be the route to take towards eventually buying a DSLR. They are full of excellent features are certainly allow excellent pictures to be made. They are maybe not the best camera for wildlife, but are certainly excellent cameras for candid/street photography.

Whilst I do not particularly recommend this website for its reviews (I do not know as I have never referred to it), it does helpfully list the cameras that come under this general description of 'bridge camera'.

You may wish to look at some of these and use the internet to explore more details of the features they offer.