Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Show Caddy

Show Caddy

Hello all, I joined this site to help better my interpretation of art. I started with a Canon PowerShot SX120 IS. I figured that starting simple is the best way. This photo was taken with the mentioned point shoot with very little post production with the exception of removing some heads. This car was photographed at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show. Lighting was not great, but I think that I was able to salvage a good shot. Any comments for a better photo would be nice.
    On a side note; I recently stepped up to a Canon 50D, but nothing worth showing yet. Thanks, John

Show Caddy

Real Name
    John

Re: Show Caddy

Nicely saturated colours John and the three quarter view is right but I think that you have cropped this too tightly. Needs a bit more space on the top, bottom and the RHS. The white lettering on the left also pulls the eye a bit and you could lose it or tone it down.

Real Name
    Lex

...Wow. The world just got smaller again. I did the steering wheel control layout and graphics for that car during my internship at Pratt & Miller Engineering. And now it appears on my photography forum. Fun project, a beautiful car with an impressive team behind it, and a king's ransom in cool underhood, aero, suspension, and driveline details. But I believe it looks better at speed.

Based on the aspect ratio, it looks like you cropped this shot. Nothing wrong with that (in my opinion), but I would try widening the crop to include the top of the rear wing and avoid cutting off the front right corner. Shot looks a bit cramped like this. You can also try adding drama and a sense of motion by shooting it with a wider lens next time. Slightly distorting the image by narrowing the right-hand edge and widening the left could achieve a similar effect.

Real Name
    Splashy

Very beautiful car and picture, but in fact cropped a bit to much.