Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bad Habits

Bad Habits

Not very politically correct...but I consider myself neither political or correct. The 3rd image shows what the future will have in store. (I am actually having a very happy Christmas so don't go calling the Sams

Bad Habits

Bad Habits

Bad Habits

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Bad Habits

Clever, imaginative stuff ... as always.

That nice man with the big belly and white beard (Oh God! That's me.) - the other one- brought along a copy of Michael Freeman's 'The Complete Guide to Black & White Digital Photography'. Haven't reached the chapter on dealing with skin tones yet.

And, of course, they say ex-smokers are always the biggest pains in £%&@. So, as I just about finish my 12 week cessation programme and go solo, I cannot condone such disgusting habits!!

ps - Thanks to eNo for the ref to Freeman. It's wonderful.

Re: Bad Habits

And, of course, they say ex-smokers are always the biggest pains in £%&@. So, as I just about finish my 12 week cessation programme and go solo, I cannot condone such disgusting habits!!
    Seriously well done Donald you have my full admiration. I do agree that it is a sad habit but I always have great problem with the puritanical way it is hounded in this country. Thats probably an excuse but that sort of persecution does not sit at all well with my (rather liberal) British sensibilities.

As for the BW rendering I always try to get as near as I can to the edge with contrast and sharpening )oh and always convert to BW whilst still in the raw converter. That goes for inanimate objects and male subjects. Female subjects need a stroll in the opposite direction with consideration to the wholly human blemishes they would rather have us conceal. Having said that the subjects age needs to be considered since softening can take character away from the older subjects face.

Steve