Thread: Cascades

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Cascades

Here's one from the weekend. I took the family camping at Lichfield national PArk and was able to get this spot to myself at about 6.30pm. I was looking to capture a relaxing scene for my exhibition as a local had requested a shot of this park to buy. I hope she likes it. This place has about 1000 visitors per day but people are very predictable and it was all mine with the best light all day. C&C welcome
    Cascades

Real Name
    Kim Abbott

Re: Cascades

Love the water, but my first thought would be to check your white balance/color balance. This shot seems very red and would benefit from a little tweaking. A really good shot overall though! I know I would be proud to have that hanging on my wall, so I'm sure she will be very happy!

Edit:

Something like this, though it would deserve a bit more thorough editing. I just fiddled a tiny bit with it in GIMP to give you an idea.. Hope you don't mind!

Cascades
    Last edited by IShootPeople; 5th August 2013 at 03:24 PM.

Real Name
    Paul

Another beautiful image, Wayne. I really like your composition and point of view. What type of ND filter (how many stops) were you using? I see your exposure was 13 seconds at f/11. I agree with the previous comment about white balance. The image appears to have a slight magenta cast on my calibrated monitor. Looks like a nice spot to sit and listen to the water bubbling over the rocks.

Paul S

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by PRSearls View Post
    Another beautiful image, Wayne. I really like your composition and point of view. What type of ND filter (how many stops) were you using? I see your exposure was 13 seconds at f/11. I agree with the previous comment about white balance. The image appears to have a slight magenta cast on my calibrated monitor. Looks like a nice spot to sit and listen to the water bubbling over the rocks.

Paul S
    Thanks PAul, no ND filter or any other filter. I just waited until the sun went down to get the softer light and avoid any people. I started shooting at 1.5 seconds and by time I finishes it was unto 30 seconds at F:11, 100 ISO.