Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Photoshop - Printing longer pictures (help please)

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Photoshop - Printing longer pictures (help please)

Hi there. I am having trouble finding a workshop to explain how to print landscapes or banners from photoshop onto roll paper. I am new to photoshop and am using the new creative cloud version. I am printing onto 24" roll paper on an epson 7900 and seem to be limited to about 90cm in length. Does anyone have a work flow or know of an online workshop which can help? I have had no luck on google or youtube. Thanks in advance.

Wayne

Real Name
    Allan Short

Re: Photoshop - Printing longer pictures (help please)

Wayne: File>print, select the 7900, then go to print settings, select Roll, now select user define print area, make sure select inches, not cm. or mm. width should be 24", then select height as is the length that you want to print.

Cheers:

Allan

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Polar01 View Post
    Wayne: File>print, select the 7900, then go to print settings, select Roll, now select user define print area, make sure select inches, not cm. or mm. width should be 24", then select height as is the length that you want to print.

Cheers:

Allan
    Thanks Allan. I have so many new tools its been a bit much learning to use them all at the same time.

Real Name
    Richard

Wayne,

I have nothing to contribute to this discussion except to say that I fully understand having so many new tools that it is hard to get the handle on them all at once.

I got Photoshop CS6 and before I was totally secure with that program, I purchased a set of NIK software which I am learning to use. Actually, the control point system of NIK makes working with Photoshop easier. I am also shifting from Internet Explorer to Mozilla Firefox and learning that software.

Additionally, I have recently purchased a NOOK HD+ tablet and am learning the ins and outs of that piece of gear.

I am with you brother! What else is coming down the pike?

The nice thing about being 73 is that I will probably never use another edition of Photoshop beyond my CS6...

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Wayne,

I have nothing to contribute to this discussion except to say that I fully understand having so many new tools that it is hard to get the handle on them all at once.

I got Photoshop CS6 and before I was totally secure with that program, I purchased a set of NIK software which I am learning to use. Actually, the control point system of NIK makes working with Photoshop easier. I am also shifting from Internet Explorer to Mozilla Firefox and learning that software.

Additionally, I have recently purchased a NOOK HD+ tablet and am learning the ins and outs of that piece of gear.

I am with you brother! What else is coming down the pike?

The nice thing about being 73 is that I will probably never use another edition of Photoshop beyond my CS6...
    Ha ha Richard, they will be selling you an account with creative cloud before you can say "What the Truck". I went from slide to digital (Canon 5 to 5D mk 11), Pc to Mac with Apple Aperture, then got the printer, and the photoshop. Its all a bit much.