Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Low key street

Real Name
    Phil Page

Low key street

Here are a couple of low key street shots, deliberately kept low key due to the lighting levels at the time and the 'mood' of this area of town. C&C more than welcome:

Low key street

Low key street

Low key street

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Low key street

Quote Originally Posted by dubaiphil View Post
    ... deliberately kept low key ...
    Works like a gem. Beautifully atmospheric.

Real Name
    Greg

I really like the 3rd one Phil.

I wonder if you could have waited a few seconds to capture the woman standing under the sign in the 2nd one?

The bright background in the 1st one seems a little too bright to me to fully convey the mood you intend - JMHO

People in Dubai seem pretty relaxed about the camera. Is that because they used to tourists?

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

The last one works by far the best for me. Ironically, that one is not so low-key as the others, but I don't think that has anything to do with my preference.

Real Name
    Phil Page

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Works like a gem. Beautifully atmospheric.
    Thanks Donald

Real Name
    Phil Page

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    I really like the 3rd one Phil.

I wonder if you could have waited a few seconds to capture the woman standing under the sign in the 2nd one?

The bright background in the 1st one seems a little too bright to me to fully convey the mood you intend - JMHO

People in Dubai seem pretty relaxed about the camera. Is that because they used to tourists?
    Thanks Greg

I like 1 myself, but that just because it's a scene that you don't often come across in Dubai - full on neon shop lighting in such a dark alleyway is difficult to expose for!

For 2, I was careful to watch the shadows of the people coming towards me, and wanted to capture them in whole.

Generally people aren't too concerned about cameras, no. Not many tourists venture into these areas though. The only people that are weary are the porters who have overstayed their welcome and cover their faces if they spot a camera in their vicinity. Shame because it's ruined many a good shot!

Real Name
    Phil Page

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    The last one works by far the best for me. Ironically, that one is not so low-key as the others, but I don't think that has anything to do with my preference.
    Thanks Mike - 3 appealed when I looked at the scene because of the lighting and almost rim lighting from the brighter lights in the distance, so it has the best quality of light of the bunch IMO