Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Mousehole Harbour

Real Name
    Christopher Hotton

Mousehole Harbour

This is a panorama of two images stitched in Photoshop. I would welcome comments, particularly as to whether the left hand side of the harbour is too cluttered and any suggestions as to how to deal with it.

Mousehole Harbour

Re: Mousehole Harbour

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    This is a panorama of two images stitched in Photoshop. I would welcome comments, particularly as to whether the left hand side of the harbour is too cluttered and any suggestions as to how to deal with it.

Mousehole Harbour
    I feel the whole photo is too cluttered - it's difficult to know whether to focus on the harbour or the houses. In fact maybe it's the right hand side that clutters it up, or if you could remove a few boats....

Real Name
    Christopher Hotton

Thanks for your comments Chris - I am relatively happy about the right side as Mousehole is a very "cluttered" town, which is part of its charm, as is the crowded harbour full of boats.

Real Name
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post

Mousehole Harbour
    In my humble opinion, if you had lifted the shot so that the horizon was at the lower third, instead of centre, it would have been less cluttered and a better composition...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by playingup; 23rd July 2013 at 01:06 PM.

Slight crop from the sky and left side.

There is a small cluster of boats on the left edge which is causing most of the problem. May need a bit of clone as well. This will still leave at least half of the distant rock.

But, the current image does look a lot better when viewed at full screen size. A large print is required for best advantage.

Real Name
    Alan

I hope you don't mind, I had a quick play. Please feel free to delete.

I lowered the exposure, removed a couple of boats on the left, removed some of the cars off the quay and removed the manhole cover that was on the path, right of image. I also think with a bit more time, the water where the removed boats had been moored could have been made a bit more natural.

Mousehole Harbour