Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Amaryllis close-up

Real Name
    Jeroen

Amaryllis close-up

Hi Folks,

Today I used harch sunlight falling directly through the living room to do this shot.
    It's a Amaryllis placed between the camera and the sun.
    I find this crop to work best for the subject as it shows al the things I like about the shot (dark center, the stamens and the very light edges of the leaves), but it's only one side of the flower as it is symetrical and the other side won't be any more exciting .
    Amaryllis close-up

Re: Amaryllis close-up

Quote Originally Posted by JK6065 View Post
    Hi Folks,

Today I used harch sunlight falling directly through the living room to do this shot.
    It's a Amaryllis placed between the camera and the sun.
    I find this crop to work best for the subject as it shows al the things I like about the shot (dark center, the stamens and the very light edges of the leaves), but it's only one side of the flower as it is symetrical and the other side won't be any more exciting .
    Amaryllis close-up
    Hi,Generally speaking in my mind a flower likes the light so I propose You another version closer than Yours

amarylisjk6065.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 23rd December 2009 at 08:51 PM. Reason: add new image inline

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Jeroen,

I think it would be better with about 15% cropped off the left hand side, a bit too much bright/blown white for me.

Hi Radu,

An interesting view, but if this is the bloom I think it is, anyone that knows it, will also know it is upside-down
    Or more accurately; rotated anti-clockwise by 110 degrees or so.

I'm afraid that although the new composition is fine, it just looks 'wrong' to my eyes, sorry.

That said, this one is an exception, I do actually like many of the other versions you have posted of other's pics

Best regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Jeroen,

I think it would be better with about 15% cropped off the left hand side, a bit too much bright/blown white for me.

Hi Radu,

An interesting view, but if this is the bloom I think it is, anyone that knows it, will also know it is upside-down
    Or more accurately; rotated anti-clockwise by 110 degrees or so.

I'm afraid that although the new composition is fine, it just looks 'wrong' to my eyes, sorry.

That said, this one is an exception, I do actually like many of the other versions you have posted of other's pics

Best regards,
    Hi,
    These kinds of pictures has much more with the feelings than with the reality.
    Generally speaking the Photography represents something personal and not botanic(in this special case),in my opinion. If we admit the transformation of visual reality in electrical current which is" the greatest acceptance" the rest has no importance,in my opinion again.The idea was the light comes from upside.The reality could be sometimes the starting point.I am afraid that linguistic border beteewn us is greater than You think.
    MerrY Christmas again!!!!!
    Last edited by Radu Dinu Cordeanu; 24th December 2009 at 12:43 PM.

Real Name
    Jeroen

Interesting to hear ones vision on the composition can be so whidely spreaded. Do you have some more examples of the composition proposals you made? I'm trying to find out what I like best and some examples would help. I like mine partely because of the flower's edges on the left side and the whit next to it. But Radu Dinu Cordeanu, I also like your version. I can't decide which one I like best because the both have a different feel.

But one thing I agree immediately: Merry Christmas to all of you

Quote Originally Posted by JK6065 View Post
    Interesting to hear ones vision on the composition can be so whidely spreaded. Do you have some more examples of the composition proposals you made? I'm trying to find out what I like best and some examples would help. I like mine partely because of the flower's edges on the left side and the whit next to it. But Radu Dinu Cordeanu, I also like your version. I can't decide which one I like best because the both have a different feel.

But one thing I agree immediately: Merry Christmas to all of you
    Hi,
    Everyone does what his soul says.In very short we must know what impressed us because it is not too well to say "all impressed me".Ok all, but which side of all.
    I spoke too much English and I am tired
    Merry Christmas!