Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Summer Love

Real Name
    Tom

Summer Love

An opportunity popped up last night, a couple was spending time together and I approached them about taking their photo as I was already walking around the lake taking pictures. Aside from the awkwardness of doing that for the first time, asking strangers ahead of time, I managed to take three images before they moved on. Here is one of those shots. I processed it and was very pleased with the outcome. I struggled with the leveling of the horizon. No matter which way I went, something always seemed off. I would love to hear other C&C. I have not done many portraits, but I am very intrigued and want to do more, especially with these type of spontaneous settings.

Summer Love

I tried uploading a larger image but kept getting messed up, here is larger one...

Larger size image on Flickr site.

Real Name
    Greg

Re: Summer Love

Tom, I have found you can't assume horizontal or vertical man-made structures to be horizontal or vertical. There appears to be a bit of divergence between the lines of the jetty and the supporting structure beneath it. I think if you cropped the bottom off this photo so that the poles supporting the jetty appear to be in the water, you could then rotate the image anticlockwise a little and it would look ok.

Real Name
    Tom

Re: Summer Love

That helped a lot. Thank you for the help!!! I actual prefer the crop too, it eliminates all those dark tones below.

Summer Love