Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Need site for PP suggestions

Real Name
    wm c boyer

Need site for PP suggestions

I've got perhaps six images from way back when that I'm trying to resurrect through, so far, unsuccessful PP.
    They seem to suffer from, aah...generally poor photography skills.
    Anyone able to suggest a site to visit for suggestions geared toward improving these pictures?

Real Name
    John

Re: Need site for PP suggestions

Could you give us a better idea of the problems with these pictures. Could you post one to give us an idea; might help with getting useful suggestions.

Cheers

Real Name
    wm c boyer

This one is of the Dalton Gang refuge in southern Colorado

These muley deer and god rays are from the same area

Real Name
    wm c boyer

Does no one have a site to recommend?

Real Name
    John

This is the only one I know of. Not sure if it's the type of thing your looking for?

http://www.picmonkey.com/#

Real Name
    Dan

Does no one have a site to recommend?
    Chauncey,

Are you a novice at postprocessing? If you are, then I think I can help explain. Postprocessing is very complicated. It entails many different types of editing, and there are many different ways of accomplishing any one of them. It's just too big a topic for a single site. Good web pages about postprocessing tend to be far more specific. E.g., there are LOTS of web pages discussing various ways of sharpening, and the pros and cons of each. There most be hundreds, if not thousands, of sites talking about just how to do a specific edit in one specific software package, such as LR. I really can't think of a site that is useful for a question as broad as yours.

If you are in fact a novice, my suggestion is that you pick up a beginner's book that will walk you through some of the basic edits in the particular software you want to use--something that will discuss why you would do certain edits as well as how to do them. For example, Scott Kelby has a book of that sort for Lightroom. I found it very useful when I first bought the software.

I hope this helps.

Dan

Real Name
    wm c boyer

I am reasonably adept at CS6...I seem to be a failure at seeing the direction a particular photograph should be taken.
    Kinda want them to be more that what they are.

Real Name
    Dan

If you know your way around CS6 and want suggestions about what to do, rather than how to do it, there are plenty of pages where you can post pictures asking for suggestions. People do that on the postprocessing forum here. There is a critique forum at photo.net. I do this with the site of my local photo club. (If you add your location to your profile, perhaps someone can suggest a local group.)

Real Name
    Kevin

Hi, Chauncey.

Scott Kelby also has video tutorials where at the end of a shoot he demonstrates how he edits the shots he has just take. Kelby Training videos are a subscription service (not expensive) and give editing and (shooting) approaches from a number of well known pros. Might be what you are looking for. Cheers.