Thread: Some days it is all like the adverts and everyone is happy and carefree!

Real Name
    Sharon

Some days it is all like the adverts and everyone is happy and carefree!

Real Name
    Bruce

Re: Some days it is all like the adverts and everyone is happy and carefree!

Sharon, I do not know what to make of this image. Could you tell us the reason you shot this particular photo?

Bruce

Real Name
    J stands for John

The caption, which I assume the thread title is, sums it all up and explains all. I wonder though at the left hand figure which looks rather tensed up but I am not sure how you could get rid of him ... perhaps a white vignette white wash him away with a crop to the left girl's feet ? ...

Real Name
    J stands for John

Duplicate posting

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I love this picture. I'm finding that trying to explain why is more difficult.

It, for me, is just a classically well put-together image. It's got a powerful story-line: Look at it and ask yourself, 'What's happening here?' Do you struggle to come up with an answer?

I like the contrast of the two 'laid-back' figures with the one on the left sitting more upright. I think it gives a balance and harmony to the scene. I think exposing to knock out any background detail ensures that our attention is firmly on the people and that thing they're sitting on.

Find a good quality competition that's about expressing 'summer' and get it in.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

It really is interesting to see that body language speaks volumes. We can't see the people's faces or anything from the front, yet we can so easily imagine any number of scenarios about what they might be thinking, doing next, or whatever.

Real Name
    Sharon

Donald and Mike you have it spot on. It screamed Summer at me. The body language is so much more open , arms back,chins up and yes Jcuknz when I captured it I had thought to remove the figure far left but the instant I got it on screen I realised how imortant he was in balancing the scene and the cola bottle to his left just added to the overall 'feel' of the piece as 'advert like' It's all about the relative positioning of limbs to me.

Sorry that this one doesn't work for you Bruce.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Mae View Post
    the figure far left...I realised how important he was in balancing the scene
    Oh my gosh, yes! We see the legs, feet, arms and hands of the other two; we see only the left arm of the guy on the left. We see the other two leaning back; we see him sitting upright. The guy on the left really makes the image.

Real Name
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Mae View Post
    "All the summer world was bright and fresh and the sun rose upon a tranquil world and beamed down like a benediction".

Samuel Clemens

Real Name
    Griddi

Hi Sharon

again I like this photo of yours too, to me it looks like summer along the beach......

But, I hope you don't mind, you have not send me the promised mail about how to get these dreamy black / white photos.......

my greetings to you,
    Griddi....

Real Name
    Sharon

I know Griddi, please accept my apologies on that front my life has revolved around Hospital visits to dad and a broken car window in the last few days. Why do cars always do that when you are really depending on them?

I logged on here to message you and I am about to do that very thing!