Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Archway (Berry College)

Real Name
    Bruce

Archway (Berry College)

I shot this several years ago. The only thing I do not like regarding this photo is the "ashtray" to the left of the arch. This was shot at Berry College in Rome, Ga.
    I may have posted this pic several years ago.
    The "ashtray" was cloned out of this pic: however at present I can not locate the particular file..
    Thanks for viewing. C&C most welcomed. Bruce

Archway (Berry College)

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Archway (Berry College)

In terms of composition, the debate I always have with myself when lining up a shot such as this, is whether it should be completely symmetrical; i.e. with the archway right in the centre?

Real Name
    Ian

I tend to ask, what is my eye been drawn to as the primary object to focus on. Whilst the arch should take us through, the objects to either side distract, but then looking through the arch, I cannot find a distinct object other than say the bench or the pond and return to the beautiful colouration of the stonework.

Maybe someone sitting on the bench looking away from the camera would complete the picture?

Real Name
    Bruce

Donald, thank you for your comments. IMHO the archway is not directly in the center-there is more space on the right than the left.

Ian, having someone sitting on the bench would definitely add to this photo. Thank you for your comments.

Bruce

Real Name
    Susan

Hi Bruce - I always like looking at and through archways - great shot! With the other comments it looks like this image would be great for one of the post processing competitions - taking away and adding things...

Real Name
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by pasusan View Post
    Hi Bruce - I always like looking at and through archways - great shot! With the other comments it looks like this image would be great for one of the post processing competitions - taking away and adding things...
    Susan, thank you for your kind comments. In my "great filing system", I can not find the particular file where that smoking stand is cloned out; however I will find it. It is on an external hard drive.

Bruce