Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Autoplay feature

Real Name
    Richard

Autoplay feature

I use Windows 7 and Adobe CS-6 on a desktop PC...

I have multiple external hard drives connected to my desktop computer, When I open up my computer, autoplay pops up and trys to download the files I have on those external hard drives to my main computer hard drive. This is both time consuming and annoying to me!

Additionally when I insert a flash drive that already contains information in order to add additional information to that flash drive, Autoplay tries to download all the files on that flash drive to my desktop hard drive...

How can I set up Windows 7 and CS-6 Bridge to only download images from any source to my PC when I tell it to download the files from that source; not when the computer "thinks" I want to download the information...

I may be old fashioned but, I don't like most automatic functions in which my computer takes charge and does things like try to download fles without me telling it to do so...

IMO, it is very easy to instruct Bridge to get photos from camera by using FILE - GET PHOTOS FROM CAMERA which opens the Adobe CS6 Downloader function allowing me to choose from where I want to get the images. That would take far less time and effort that having to cancel out the autoplay feature mutiple times in a day of work...

I am not sure if I am being troubled with a Windows feature or a CS-6 feature!

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Autoplay feature

Simple Richard - Open the Windows 7 Control Panel and select the "Autoplay" option. Click the "Take No Action" on the pulldown menu on everything that you want to do manually (in my case, I've done this for everything). There are quite a few to turn off.

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Autoplay feature

Thank you, Manfred. I also chose "Take No Action" for all the autoplay choices. If I find that I would like autoplay on a feature in the future, I can always revert to the control panel and choose another option.