Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Crappie Fisherman

I live a stone's throw away from Cuyahoga National Park (NE, Ohio)..

Crappie Fisherman

Comments welcomed.

Crappie Fisherman

karm

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Crappie Fisherman

Karm, I normally don't much care for conversions but I have to see this one appeals to me for some reason. The only thing that doesn't fit for me is the trolling motor on the bow seems somehow out of place for this treatment.

Some of the non-US members who aren't familiar with our fish species may think your title is insulting to the fishermen

I live a stone's throw away from Cuyahoga National Park (NE, Ohio)..

Thanks Dan. No kidding, I am concerned about "crappie" being misinterpreted. I would never insult another fisherman. It's interesting that you think the trolling motor is out-of-place. For me, this type of craft would look naked without a trolling motor. Nevertheless, I'll see what it looks like without the motor.

karm

Real Name
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Karm Redland View Post
    ...It's interesting that you think the trolling motor is out-of-place. For me, this type of craft would look naked without a trolling motor. Nevertheless, I'll see what it looks like without the motor...
    I'm looking at the image as a photographer, you as a fisherman. The conversion looks like an old plate type photo used when there weren't such things as electric trolling motors. Agreed nowadays they are more common than not. In the US at least. Then again it's not an old wooden boat either It's up to you. It's cool looking either way.