Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Portrait Professional Software

Real Name
    Bruce

Portrait Professional Software

I've been looking at the Portrait Professional pp plug-in and wonder whether others have used it. Might it be worth buying?
    I don't do a lot of photos of people so think this pp software might be helpful for someone who doesn't do retouching on a regular basis.

Real Name
    Adrian

Re: Portrait Professional Software

It is cheap and very well written. We use it extensively for quick portrait processing, though not necessarily to get the final result.

PP is exceptionally easy to use and for basic processing is very quick indeed.

The drawback is it tends to overdo the results, so unless you scale back the defaults and exercise some restraint, you can end up with overly model like results. Many people will find it flattering, but it can become unrealistic.

It is definitely fun to use and as there is also a free trial I think, you may as well give it a go!

Adrian

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Why don't you download the trial version and try it out.

I seem to remember doing so myself. My sister-in-law's father asked for my opinion on it as he was looking at buying it. I think it is the same package (based on what I see on the website) and I recommended that he not touch it. It created plastic looking skin and had a tendency to "sculpt" the face so that the resulting image really did not look at all like the person.

Real Name
    Greg

I have it and use it for some portrait pp but as Adrian and Manfred have mentioned it can overdo the effect so restraint is needed or the results become unrealistic.

Real Name
    Bruce

Thank you Adrian, Manfred and Greg for your comments. I think I'll download the trial version and see what I make of it but will take everyone's advice to exercise considerable restraint when using it.

Real Name
    Sharon

I agree with the others. I have it and enjoy it now I have got over the temptation to make everyone look perfect.