Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Rattlesnake Trail

Real Name
    Susan

Rattlesnake Trail

We spent this past weekend in West Virginia at Coopers Rock State Forest. These images are from our hike along Rattlesnake Trail. C&C welcome and appreciated!

Rattlesnake Trail

Rattlesnake Trail

Rattlesnake Trail

Rattlesnake Trail

5. Anyone in there?
    Rattlesnake Trail

6. Yup!
    Rattlesnake Trail

Rattlesnake Trail

8. There he is - blending in with the brown leaves - and I thought it was just a cute name for a trail!
    Rattlesnake Trail

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Re: Rattlesnake Trail

Hi Susan. Looks like a beautiful area. The bright sun is not helping the image. It is easy to say, take the shot at a different time of day when the light is softer, but sometimes you just have to shoot what is there and can not come back.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Susan it looks like the trail is aptly named. You can count me out on that one thanks.

Images 1 and 4 work best for me. You can see the track leading you somewhere. As Ken says, the bright sun makes it difficult. Have you tried reducing the highlights ?

Dave

Real Name
    Susan

Hi Ken and Dave - thanks so much for viewing and commenting! You both are right on about the bright sun. I actually did go back later - not to the same trail I haven't gotten to those images yet, but wanted to share the snake. I have been trying to adjust exposure to limit blown highlights, 'cuz once they're blown you just can't get the detail back... It was a tough day. Thanks again!