Thread: Moody Glenorchy

Moody Glenorchy

This photo was taken at Glenorchy New Zealand, the jetty leads out to Lake Wakatipu. This day it was low cloud and overcast,which gives it that moody look.

Moody Glenorchy

Real Name
    Greg

Re: Moody Glenorchy

Hi Sandra, welcome to CinC.

Nice shot. I really like the colours and the perspective. Low down is good. Clear focus and good dof

Real Name
    John

Interesting viewpoint. Makes the shot.

Straight, centralised shots like this are usually a failure. But there is something different here which makes the scene work well.

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Straight, centralised shots like this are usually a failure. But there is something different here which makes the scene work well.
    Probably why it works well is partly due to the left hand edge of the jetty and the right hand to rails forming a diagonal which compensates for the almost centralised end of the jetty.

I caught 4 small salmon at the mouth of a stream about 300 meters to the left of this jetty but don't tell anyone about my secret fishing spot.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Saw the title and thought, "Ah, a fellow Scot has been in Argyll-shire". But this is a much more open landscape than the 'original' Glen Orchy that runs between Bridge of Orchy and Dalmally. It's a very narrow and dramatic landscape with the single track road following the tumbling River Orchy through the glen. A beautiful place.

The New Zealand version looks mighty impressive as well.

As as for the image - Lovely composition. I like the way the pier has been used.

And can I add my welcome, Sandra. Thanks for joining CiC. By the way - If you wish you can go to Edit Profile and put in your location, so that it appears in the sidebar alongside your message, just like mine beside this message. Then everybody knows where everybody else is.
    Last edited by Donald; 26th June 2013 at 06:22 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    Hi Sandra, welcome to CinC.

Nice shot. I really like the colours and the perspective. Low down is good. Clear focus and good dof
    Thanks for feedback it was an experiment with angle, getting the camera low down, saw the view and took it and when I checked it later I liked it.

Visited Scotland 2 years ago Queenstown reminds me of the Scottish Highlands. Thanks for the welcome and tip just new to this forum so still learning how to navigate and post photos etc.

Your secret is safe with me until I go back again and will have to tell the friends ) thanks for the feedback.