Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Ok....I promise to Leave You Alone After this One

Ok....I promise to Leave You Alone After this One

Finally Camera collages.....shouldn't I be busy doing Christmas shopping or something.....whoops

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Ok....I promise to Leave You Alone After this One

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    .....shouldn't I be busy doing Christmas shopping or something..
    Yes you should. But consider yourself absolved on the basis that you continue to produce such imaginative and startling work as this. These are brilliant.

Just give Wirevixen your credit card, along with our sympathy for the fact that you're wasting your time on this nonsense and allow her to get on with it.

Real Name
    Peter

Hi Steve,

Love these, like the third one best. Great depth of field control. The cameras look in good condition. Are they yours? If so I'm jealous, I love all these old film cameras.

Peter

Thanks Peter and Donald

As for the Christmas shopping.......God created the iMac The big problem is being able to have GIMP and Amazon useably visible on the 24" screen. WireVixen prefers to shop without me these days. Apparently I sneak things into the shopping trolley then moan when we get the bill....who me? I also have an irresistible urge to turn my hearing aid off when in the supermarket. Very annoying for WireVixen but bliss for me.

The cameras are mine. I have only ever run film in the OM2 and the F301 but I am seriously thinking of having a go with the Zeiss Ikon and the Yashica (it has a 35mm conversion cassette). Besides the two more obscure box cameras I have a box brownie. Oh and a Canon A1, an all plastic brownie from the sixties and circa 1973 Polaroid Land Camera kicking around somewhere. Family and friends seem to want to off load these items on me (not complaining) and a couple are from a local village hall jumble sale. The OM2N was the only camera that was paid for (over a couple of quid anyway) and that was a 17th birthday present (showing my age now). The biggest problem is all the lenses for the SLRs. I will have to marry a daughter off to make more room

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    I also have an irresistible urge to turn my hearing aid off when in the supermarket.
    LOL - reminded me of my late grandmother. My aunt always used to tell people "you need to speak up when talking to her as she's quite deaf". Grandma said to me once "you know I'm not 1/2 as deaf as they think I am!". Cunning old girl!

Real Name
    Steve

In the top bottom right; that just looks like my school camera. Is it a Hasselblad it is a long time since I've seen an upside down image in the viewfinder nor even a grid; but it looks the business.

I think your photo's are great, very imaginative. Any box not SLR looks like a Hasselblad to me unless it has a mark like Kodak on it. Feelling old.