Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Light in the Tunnel

Real Name
    Allan Short

Light in the Tunnel

I was out driving around the Northumberland Hills here in Ontario, and came across this spot. I hope that I can remember where it was to come back to in the fall with the colours, as I was down a 4x4 trail, just after this point the trail started to get a little tight, so I had to back out. By that time the sun had burned through the overcast, lighting up the trail nicely. As photography is all about the light this looked like it had some potential, I think in the future I may try a CP filter to cut down on some of the shine that the leaves give off in direct sunlight.

Cheers:

Allan

Light in the Tunnel

Real Name
    Bruce

Re: Light in the Tunnel

Allan, this is a very interesting photo. I am partial to photos of this sort since I used to be a hiker until I injured my knee.
    One thing I would do to this photo is to lighten up the foreground a little. I think it is to dark IMHO.

Bruce

Allen i do like this shot well done but have to agree that lighting up the forground just a little bit would help

Real Name
    Terri

In addition to the above, I'd be tempted to take a little off the top just to concentrate on the tunnel a little more. Good eye to see the potential here. I like it too.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Great eye, Allan! In addition to all of the above comments, the green tones, especially the darker tones, look overly saturated on my calibrated monitor. Consider toning them down a bit unless you're explicitly going for this particular style.

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Allan, you did a nice job of capturing the lighting. Too often, I come home and the Sun's reflection off the leaves is blown out.