Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Natures Beauty

Real Name
    Grahame

Natures Beauty

Getting on in years now (well the other half thinks so) the old eyesight is not as it used to be although I seem to have more pairs of glasses than camera gadgets so macro work gives me a chance to see what I can not with the naked eye.

Tonight's exercise was to take an image of flower of which I have just grown a group of to try and attract the bugs. As always when taking pics of flowers my intention is to produce an image that hopefully would be worthy of placing on a wall, both interesting and artistic (hopefully)

After various shots and a play with focus stacking with a few failures I decided to just keep things basic. The below is a simple shot at f22, 1/60s, ISO 200, Manual with two flash units, one above and one to the right.

Natures Beauty

I actually find this image more interesting than the focus stacked ones I produced in that it makes me look more carefully at the intricate detail within the DOF.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome of course.

Grahame
    Last edited by Stagecoach; 22nd June 2013 at 11:21 AM.

Real Name
    Connie Keyes

Re: Natures Beauty

I think you have done a remarkable job and I would be proud to hang something like that on my wall.

I live a stone's throw away from Cuyahoga National Park (NE, Ohio)..

Grahame, your mission was accomplished with this picture. Creative view.

karm

Real Name
    Ken Curtis

Good job, Grahame. I like what you've done too. I agree that focus stacking isn't for every photo.

Real Name
    Grahame

Connie, Karm and Ken,

Thank you all for you encouraging comments. With macro being my main field of interest I am trying to concentrate more on making my images 'appealing' rather than just a technically good reproduction of what the camera is pointed at.