Thread: Sunlit leaves

Real Name
    Debbie

Sunlit leaves

The setting sun was coming through the leaves of the plant. I was inspired by the way the sun gave the leaves an edge and illuminated through some of them. I'm not sure if compositionally there is too much stem or if the whole composition is too chaotic.

I'm curious if this works for anyone. C&C welcome. Thanks for looking.

Sunlit leaves

Real Name
    Terri

Re: Sunlit leaves

It works for me. I don't feel chaos and I don't think there is too much stem. I see why you were drawn to the light. It's a nice photo.

Real Name
    Dan

I like the composition and the details of the veins in the leaves. Also like that the stems are silhoutted against the sunlit portion of BG and the backlit leaves are highlighted against the dark portion of BG. As a general theme to pursue further I think you are on to something. A couple of thoughts for future reference: I dont think it is necessary for all of the leaves to be in focus but it may have been better if the main leaf at top were within your DOF so the backlit veins were sharp. Also, I think the image would be more powerful and have broader appeal if the leave were more recognizable like maple, birch, or aspen.

Real Name
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernFocus View Post
    I like the composition and the details of the veins in the leaves. Also like that the stems are silhoutted against the sunlit portion of BG and the backlit leaves are highlighted against the dark portion of BG. As a general theme to pursue further I think you are on to something. A couple of thoughts for future reference: I dont think it is necessary for all of the leaves to be in focus but it may have been better if the main leaf at top were within your DOF so the backlit veins were sharp. Also, I think the image would be more powerful and have broader appeal if the leave were more recognizable like maple, birch, or aspen.
    Thanks for the detailed feedback, I just like to know if I'm headed in the right direction sometimes